Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degree Plan Help - BS Cybersecurity
Member Wrote:Hello,

Could I pay you for your time for advising on the fastest degree plan for a student with an AAS in Cybersecurity from Gwinnett Technical College wanting a bachelors degree in Cybersecurity from TESU (this looks to be the easiest with no discrete math or calculus)? I have been reading through posts on the forum, and feel like my mind is bouncing all over Big Grin

Gen Ed classes completed
CLEP- Sociology
GSCU-Math 1103 Quantitative Skills & Reasoning
GCSU- Eng 1101
Gwinnett Tech -FYES 1000 (First Year Experience)
Gwinnett Tech-ECON 1101
Gwinnett Tech -HUMN 1101

The rest of the courses below will be completed at Gwinnett Tech Thanks in advance and send me your Venmo and I'll pay you for your time!

Just curious, have you decided on TESU?  There are other providers that we recommend as TESU might be a bit more expensive than the others and less alternative credit transfer friendly...  Some are competency based such as PUG/WGU, I would review them first before deciding on TESU. Here's the plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans

My suggestion is to complete the AAS and ladder into the Bachelors of your choice, if you need/want, you can complete the Pierpont AAS first with a business emphasis and then your GWC AAS.  Follow this plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

I only use Paypal at the moment, there really isn't a need to pay me as most of us volunteer our time.  If you are looking for MBA prep, you can get the ENEB MBA & Masters using my referral link, I get rewarded for that.  I would suggest you take those for transfer into TESU for a double degree in BSBA CIS and BACS instead of BSIT/BS Cybersecurity.

Note: Your PM has been disabled, so I can't private message you back. Reply/Update this thread.  You may want to get a plan in place after you decide your degree/school of choice.  If you're going the TESU route, again, I recommend the dual BSBA/BACS degree if you have the time to get 5 extra courses completed vs BSIT/BS Cybersecurity as you can get certs/experience to cover those domains instead.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU would be very espensive, since you can't get all of the UL courses required via alt-credit.

You'd be better off with a Cybersecurity degree at another school - maybe WGU?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The only cheap/'easy' degrees we know of for TESU are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Assuming you don't want to do WGU for whatever reason, I would honestly say to give Sophia Calculus and SDC's Discrete Math a try for the TESU Comp Sci degree. They're not that bad/scary, IMO. You might be surprised at yourself!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-16-2023, 01:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Member Wrote:Hello,

Could I pay you for your time for advising on the fastest degree plan for a student with an AAS in Cybersecurity from Gwinnett Technical College wanting a bachelors degree in Cybersecurity from TESU (this looks to be the easiest with no discrete math or calculus)? I have been reading through posts on the forum, and feel like my mind is bouncing all over Big Grin

Gen Ed classes completed
CLEP- Sociology
GSCU-Math 1103 Quantitative Skills & Reasoning
GCSU- Eng 1101
Gwinnett Tech -FYES 1000 (First Year Experience)
Gwinnett Tech-ECON 1101
Gwinnett Tech -HUMN 1101

The rest of the courses below will be completed at Gwinnett Tech Thanks in advance and send me your Venmo and I'll pay you for your time!

Just curious, have you decided on TESU?  There are other providers that we recommend as TESU might be a bit more expensive than the others and less alternative credit transfer friendly...  Some are competency based such as PUG/WGU, I would review them first before deciding on TESU. Here's the plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans

My suggestion is to complete the AAS and ladder into the Bachelors of your choice, if you need/want, you can complete the Pierpont AAS first with a business emphasis and then your GWC AAS.  Follow this plan here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

I only use Paypal at the moment, there really isn't a need to pay me as most of us volunteer our time.  If you are looking for MBA prep, you can get the ENEB MBA & Masters using my referral link, I get rewarded for that.  I would suggest you take those for transfer into TESU for a double degree in BSBA CIS and BACS instead of BSIT/BS Cybersecurity.

Note: Your PM has been disabled, so I can't private message you back. Reply/Update this thread.  You may want to get a plan in place after you decide your degree/school of choice.  If you're going the TESU route, again, I recommend the dual BSBA/BACS degree if you have the time to get 5 extra courses completed vs BSIT/BS Cybersecurity as you can get certs/experience to cover those domains instead.

I am looking for the best route to parlay the AAS into a Bachelors degree for job marketability. the Georgia Hope scholarship pays 90% of my tuition up to 120 hours, and I prefer in-person learning so taking as much as i can through GTC. I'm not deadset on TESU, it looked like a lot of the courses I will be taking will get credit for at the Bachelor level at TESU. Ill take a look at the links, and sincerely appreciate all your input!

(01-16-2023, 02:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The only cheap/'easy' degrees we know of for TESU are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Assuming you don't want to do WGU for whatever reason, I would honestly say to give Sophia Calculus and SDC's Discrete Math a try for the TESU Comp Sci degree. They're not that bad/scary, IMO. You might be surprised at yourself!

Thanks for the feedback
The same member also sent me a PM recently; here's what I can add to the discussion:
Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the TESU Cybersecurity program. Just about the only positives with it are the manageable courses and lack of higher-level math. The quality of the courses isn't very high, and TESU doesn't allow alt-credit for this program. Although there are ACE-endorsed courses from study.com and others that would appear to fulfill most of the TESU cybersecurity requirements, TESU does not accept those. Some certifications are accepted for relevant credit, but several have been retired or reduced. I don't think many of your AAS courses will transfer to the TESU BS cybersecurity etiher. For many of the degree requirements, TESU expects upper-level courses. However, everything from your AAS program will come in as LL. Bottom line, you'll have to take about 45-60 credits at TESU minimum for the Cybersecurity program. That will be a lengthy and expensive slog.
I'm about to switch to either the BSIT or BSTS so I can just graduate and be done.
Look at WGU or Excelsior for cybersecurity; their programs are better in just about every way.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
@Pdavis21, there are so many ways to get close to what you're looking for... your goal is to maximize the cheapest tuition from "Georgia Hope scholarship pays 90% of my tuition up to 120 hours". Even though TESU allows for max transfer of 114 credits, it may not be the easiest/fastest, you need to decide for yourself how it works by creating a spreadsheet and have the degrees/schools that interest you compared.

Add Excelsior/TESU's plans of degrees and compare them to possible competitor degrees such as the ones below.
PUG: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/PU...egree_Plan
PUG: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/PU...egree_Plan
SNHU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan
WGU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan
WGU Accelerated: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

Here's what I suggest you do after you have completed the spreadsheet of degree requirements and compared the costs and time to complete them. Finish at least the max transferable courses at Gwinnett Technical College, be it 90 credits max for PUG/SNHU/WGU or more credits at TESU. If the school GTC doesn't have the credits for transfer, use the ones mentioned within the WIKI pages. This way will allow you to take the most out of GTC and alternative credits while you really decide on the degree/school. Don't take courses that won't go towards any of these degrees unless it's for personal interest.

Last but not least, you didn't do the template/last post addendum, thus we don't have much info about you. The advice I have above is generally for people of a younger age and with less experience and so on. I recommend 3 things, Certs, Degree, Experience... If you're experienced in Cybersecurity for a few years and have some certifications, the degree really doesn't matter as you're already in the field. You can do this, finish your GTC/Pierpont AAS, get the Coursera Certs free from TADA, complete UMPI BLS MIS and call it a day.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cybersecurity BA - Military SwiftHax 23 1,636 3 hours ago
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 593 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,166 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 214 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 205 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,154 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 188 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88