Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest MBA
WGU is a great option for many. One term for under $5k is a steal. I’m not confident that I could get done that quickly. 2 terms is $10k. A third and now you’re in for $15k. At $15k there are a ton of options.  And if shtf the meter isn’t running.

As far as HAU , the 6 hours per week zoom calls may definitely be a deal breaker and on top of actually doing the workload. It would be very difficult to commit to that with life and working full time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • ss20ts
(12-10-2022, 12:11 PM)Pats20 Wrote: WGU is a great option for many. One term for under $5k is a steal. I’m not confident that I could get done that quickly. 2 terms is $10k. A third and now you’re in for $15k. At $15k there are a ton of options.  And if shtf the meter isn’t running.

As far as HAU , the 6 hours per week zoom calls may definitely be a deal breaker and on top of actually doing the workload. It would be very difficult to commit to that with life and working full time.

Most people aren't completing a WGU master's in 1 session. WGU has stats on this and it's definitely not the norm.

With HAU, I haven't seen that everyone has 6 hours of Zoom calls every week. Some classes don't have them from what I've read. Maybe it varies by professor?
It sure would be more attractive if that is the case. The Boston u program has 2 hrs per week and has two different options for time. And also require only so many sessions. So yea. 6 hours per week seems excessive.
(12-07-2022, 06:33 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 06:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote: My problem with HAU is that it's a small school that won't be around in 5-10yrs.

Do you have inside information ? Cause they’ve already been around for 18 years. 

I meant to say, "My problem with HAU is that it's a small school that, for all I know, won't be around in 5-10yrs."

Basically, many colleges have been closing down in recent years, and the ones with the smallest enrollments, I would think, would be the ones most at risk of closing. 

As far as exact odds, there is no way to tell. It could be 2-10%, taking a guess.

The alumni also matter to me, even though WGU isn't much. It's something.

One of the advantages of in-person college is the cohort of student peers. With the top MBA programs, many of these students will start their own companies or end up in high positions in companies.

The disadvantage of top MBA programs is it's hard to get into the top programs, they cost a lot of money, and they will take a while to complete.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Many people never attend college and start their own business. One doesn't need an MBA to start a business.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(12-11-2022, 05:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 06:33 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 06:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote: My problem with HAU is that it's a small school that won't be around in 5-10yrs.

Do you have inside information ? Cause they’ve already been around for 18 years. 

I meant to say, "My problem with HAU is that it's a small school that, for all I know, won't be around in 5-10yrs."

Basically, many colleges have been closing down in recent years, and the ones with the smallest enrollments, I would think, would be the ones most at risk of closing. 

As far as exact odds, there is no way to tell. It could be 2-10%, taking a guess.

The alumni also matter to me, even though WGU isn't much. It's something.

One of the advantages of in-person college is the cohort of student peers. With the top MBA programs, many of these students will start their own companies or end up in high positions in companies.

The disadvantage of top MBA programs is it's hard to get into the top programs, they cost a lot of money, and they will take a while to complete.
Makes sense. 

Fwiw it seems that I’ve read somewhere that there are some  instructors that teach at both Boston University and Hellenic American University. The two schools are less than an hour apart.
  • Vle045
Sometimes I consider jumping from my current program to HAU. Mostly because of the cost, my age, and what I will likely do with it. My employer only offers $1500 reimbursement per year. So, if I time it right, then HAU could cost me nothing and I might be able to finish in 2 years.

I hesitate for some of the same reasons mentioned above. Small school, unknown in my area, probably little to zero perks.

With JWMI, there’s tons of perks. Like free subscriptions to useful things, big and noteworthy alumni, high ranking on sites like Poets & Quants (for whatever that might be worth). And I actually really like their approach to writing papers. They aren’t long and not strict APA. Yes, there’s a guide for noting references and everything, but it’s simpler. I would absolutely hate to write a 20 page paper at this stage in life. JWMI is expensive, but I do get a HUGE discount. There will be some out of pocket costs, but just a fraction. The downside is that courses are 10 weeks long… and it will probably take me a long time to finish.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I think GSW and  LSUS are two very good options for people on the fence with HAU  not having secondary business accreditation and the concern of not being able to finish in 1 term at WGU. They both have the gold standard accreditation AACSB. GSW is semester based program priced at $10k (the cheapest that  I’m aware of ) LSUS is 7 week terms and is probably as far as I can find the second cheapest AACSB MBA program out there at $12k. I think the LSUS is a little less strict on admissions.
I think the allure of HAU is obviously the price and WGU is attractive for the price and time if you can get it done in 6 months but if you’re not one that can get it done in one term and are wrestling with secondary accreditation than GSW or LSUS maybe right.
  • MrPanda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Quickest and cheapest path to a BS in Business fozzy3o 24 1,789 10-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: fozzy3o
  Which of the big 3 are cheapest if you have all credits required to graduate already? Randyb100 37 4,657 05-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Just Accepted To TESU w/ASA Degree (80 Credits Transferred) Cheapest Route To Finish? shudson0042 13 1,249 03-17-2023, 02:51 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest Path to a 2nd Baccalaureate DaltonGang13 10 1,588 10-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Last Post: DaltonGang13
  Is excelsior still the quickest and cheapest? mikehart82 23 3,496 09-24-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: mikehart82
  Cheapest Science degree missbootyfull 5 793 06-29-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest self-paced associates degree program? Sdmj33 8 1,621 07-25-2021, 05:12 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with the fastest/cheapest option for a BALS park0902 10 2,456 05-19-2021, 05:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest path, starting from scratch calliemay 22 2,987 04-27-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is TESU cheapest and most flexible rlstrick06 3 983 12-13-2020, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Merlin