Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degree planning
For COSC, the cost for tuition & fees for 2 semesters and only taking the cornerstone & capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $3,181.

For EC1, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone, info lit, and capstone (so bringing in 113cr) is $5300
For EC2, the cost for tuition & fees, taking the cornerstone, info lit, capstone, and 2 add'l courses (so bringing in 107cr) is $5850

For TESU, the cost for tuition & fees and only taking the cornerstone and capstone (so bringing in 114cr) is $6654.
---------------------------------
For COSC, you would need to figure out your 2nd concentration, which may or may not be tricky (it can't be business or something non-liberal arts, it must be Pscyh or History or Communications or something like that).

For EC, you don't need a 2nd Area of Focus, but you will need to figure out 5 UL liberal arts courses to take (you need 30cr of UL, 6cr from cornerstone & capstone, 9cr from non-liberal arts areas, and then 15cr from liberal arts). It would be very easy to find those.

For both COSC & EC, you get to choose the concentration/area of focus that will go on your transcript, which is nice.

The only issue I see is making sure that they bring in the UL credits you've earned.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • wxcooper
(11-24-2020, 12:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Since Sophia is cheaper, I'd go with them to do your GE.

Here is what you need for Sophia:

AREA A
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: English Comp II
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking
QUANTITATIVE LITERACY: College Algebra

AREA B
DIVERSITY: Intro to Sociology
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C - nothing needed

AREA D
Need Chem I & II w/labs or Physics I & II w/labs (not available)

AREA E: MATHEMATICS
Need Precalc or higher, not available

GE Electives
REQUIRED: Intro to Statistics
REQUIRED: Intro to IT (I think this works for Computer Concepts requirement)

-----------------------------------------------

Switch to Study.com for math, PM, and Civic Engagement:
POLS 103: Comparative Politics (you could also opt for InstantCertCredit's American Government instead)
MAT 103: Precalculus
BUS 311: Project Management (I think UL is required which is why I suggest Study.com instead of Sophia)

For science, it's going to be a bit harder, as you need science with labs, and unfortunately, I don't think they will take Study.com's Chem I & II w/labs, even though they are VERY similar to TESU's own courses.  I might ask about it though.  They also don't take Straighterline's Chem I w/Lab for this that I can tell (based on the course equivalency number).

Portage Learning has Chem I w/Lab and Chem II w/Lab, for a price of $792 each (lab included I think). That will probably be your fastest option.  Even if you found them at a school, having to take a semester of I and then a semester of II will make it a long time before you're done.  Schools like APU have them, but they're 16-week courses.

--------------------------------------------

I'm sure someone on here with more experience will give you more info on with the science portion.

I sent a request to TESU advising for the courses recommended in Area A for Sophia. The advisor confirmed English Comp 2 will transfer in as ENC-102 and College Algebra will transfer in as MAT-121 (via ACE transcript for both). 

But informed the following:

"Public Speaking through Sophia learning is no longer accepted for credit."
(11-28-2020, 10:05 PM)wxcooper Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 12:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Since Sophia is cheaper, I'd go with them to do your GE.

Here is what you need for Sophia:

AREA A
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: English Comp II
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking
QUANTITATIVE LITERACY: College Algebra

AREA B
DIVERSITY: Intro to Sociology
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C - nothing needed

AREA D
Need Chem I & II w/labs or Physics I & II w/labs (not available)

AREA E: MATHEMATICS
Need Precalc or higher, not available

GE Electives
REQUIRED: Intro to Statistics
REQUIRED: Intro to IT (I think this works for Computer Concepts requirement)

Switch to Study.com for math, PM, and Civic Engagement:
POLS 103: Comparative Politics (you could also opt for InstantCertCredit's American Government instead)
MAT 103: Precalculus
BUS 311: Project Management (I think UL is required which is why I suggest Study.com instead of Sophia)

For science, it's going to be a bit harder, as you need science with labs, and unfortunately, I don't think they will take Study.com's Chem I & II w/labs, even though they are VERY similar to TESU's own courses.  I might ask about it though.  They also don't take Straighterline's Chem I w/Lab for this that I can tell (based on the course equivalency number).

Portage Learning has Chem I w/Lab and Chem II w/Lab, for a price of $792 each (lab included I think). That will probably be your fastest option.  Even if you found them at a school, having to take a semester of I and then a semester of II will make it a long time before you're done.  Schools like APU have them, but they're 16-week courses.

--------------------------------------------

I'm sure someone on here with more experience will give you more info on with the science portion.

I sent a request to TESU advising for the courses recommended in Area A for Sophia. The advisor confirmed English Comp 2 will transfer in as ENC-102 and College Algebra will transfer in as MAT-121 (via ACE transcript for both). 

But informed the following:

"Public Speaking through Sophia learning is no longer accepted for credit."
Too many changes lately, needed COM-209 and I believe that is how it transfers but now it is not accepted for credit?  Undecided
(11-25-2020, 01:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No. You don't have to take a course just yet. You're inactive as you let the enrollment expire, you've taken the cornerstone already when it was just 1 credit.  However, that lapsed, you will still get to keep the catalog year you have which is great!  Now, dfrecore has a pretty good plan above, and it depends if you can handle the course load.  

Having said that, there are other options to get the most bang for the buck, since you're missing mainly general education courses.  This is what I suggest you do, if you want to be enrolled, just register for the 1 credit Medical Terminology TECEP at $50 and leave it, you'll be enrolled for the next year.  See my last update post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-Withdraw

Hey guys, I'd been reading this forum for a while and there are always unclear things in my mind as well as new issues. I hope it's okay if I take the opportunity in this post to make sure I get things straight.

1) From dfrecore plan to wxcooper (applicable in some way to my wife), I could guess that the flat-rate fee is for each term instead of a year, right? (just by reading TESU's website and for being from/leaving abroad I thought it was for the year).

2) As an international student, my wife registered at TESU (status of "non-matriculated student") and she has taken a couple of TECEP exams already and paid for another 3 upcoming (we weren't well aware of study.com and the 90 credits taken up BY provider), is this really enough to be linked to the current catalog? So, one only loses it after the registration expires then? Which it is after a year, isn't it?

Thank you everyone for being so helpful, you have no idea how all of this is going to change our lives.
1. Flat-rate tuition only applies to courses taken within a single term, not in a single year, yes.

2. She is enrolled and linked to the current catalog for a year from the date of her last TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • beto
(11-29-2020, 01:48 AM)beto Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 01:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No. You don't have to take a course just yet. You're inactive as you let the enrollment expire, you've taken the cornerstone already when it was just 1 credit.  However, that lapsed, you will still get to keep the catalog year you have which is great!  Now, dfrecore has a pretty good plan above, and it depends if you can handle the course load.  

Having said that, there are other options to get the most bang for the buck, since you're missing mainly general education courses.  This is what I suggest you do, if you want to be enrolled, just register for the 1 credit Medical Terminology TECEP at $50 and leave it, you'll be enrolled for the next year.  See my last update post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-Withdraw

Hey guys, I'd been reading this forum for a while and there are always unclear things in my mind as well as new issues. I hope it's okay if I take the opportunity in this post to make sure I get things straight.

1) From dfrecore plan to wxcooper (applicable in some way to my wife), I could guess that the flat-rate fee is for each term instead of a year, right? (just by reading TESU's website and for being from/leaving abroad I thought it was for the year).

2) As an international student, my wife registered at TESU (status of "non-matriculated student") and she has taken a couple of TECEP exams already and paid for another 3 upcoming (we weren't well aware of study.com and the 90 credits taken up BY provider), is this really enough to be linked to the current catalog? So, one only loses it after the registration expires then? Which it is after a year, isn't it?

Thank you everyone for being so helpful, you have no idea how all of this is going to change our lives.

Hey beto, Welcome to the board. I just noticed your post. Hope we can help you and your wife... You should also look into COSC and/or Excelsior as well as maybe look into some competency degree offerings... It may be a good idea to create a new thread with your academic evaluation or your wife's evaluation and we can recommend a plan of completing remaining courses.

1) Flat-rate tuition is just for that term you sign up for. I only recommend it to individuals who will take a mix of lower level credits for residency purposes. Some would try to cram as much into that one term, but I wouldn't do it that way, I would do a "mix and match" what you need and course combo you can handle.

2) Any TECEP taken will enrol the student for 1 year, to save cash, take the 1 credit Medical Terminology. I would recommend applying and getting an evaluation, you do not need to enrol right away as you get a couple of evaluations free. Enrolment just gives you access to academic advising, extra evaluations, and other resources when you need them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • beto
TESU Hard Lesson learned.

I had registered for the Medical Terminology TECEP at TESU just to keep my 2017 Catalog for BS Technical studies. I had registered for the TECEP in 12/2020.

I have been completing Sophia courses at a pretty study rate and submitting for transfer.

I didn't take it, but was able to log in and register until last week. The explanation was I would have to have COMPLETED a course within the last 3 years, and since I never took the test....I'm out !

TESU says I need to reapply and now I have lost the 2017 Catalog, costing me 3 additional course requirements.

With the end zone in sight, they moved the goal line !
(12-01-2022, 04:24 PM)wxcooper Wrote: TESU Hard Lesson learned.

I had registered for the Medical Terminology TECEP at TESU just to keep my 2017 Catalog for BS Technical studies. I had registered for the TECEP in 12/2020.

I have been completing Sophia courses at a pretty study rate and submitting for transfer.

I didn't take it, but was able to log in and register until last week. The explanation was I would have to have COMPLETED a course within the last 3 years, and since I never took the test....I'm out !

TESU says I need to reapply and now I have lost the 2017 Catalog, costing me 3 additional course requirements.

It's my understanding that the TECEP is only good for a year.  So did you renew it (sign up again) in 12/21?  If not, it would seem like the issue wasn't that you didn't complete the course, but that you didn't have a live course on your schedule.  If someone could clarify, it would be super useful to know, as I have several friends who are using the TECEP to keep their catalogs and have been renewing each year.
(12-01-2022, 04:24 PM)wxcooper Wrote: TESU Hard Lesson learned.

They did not move the goal line - you did not do what you should have to keep your catalog.  The rule is, you need to remain enrolled, which can be done via registering for a TECEP once per year.  You didn't do that, hence, you lost your enrollment status.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi wxcooper, Check your student status under "My Student ID Card" in OSS
Mine shows as this, if I get the TECEP, it should renew for this year as this is showing December 09, 2021.

Student Status Valid Date
Inactive   12/09/21

You can graduate with your current catalog year as an inactive student if you have completed everything
Reference Link: https://mysupport.tesu.edu/shp/tesu/arti...07-1554156
Inactive Student Graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/inactive-student

Note: You may want to email the registrar and get another crack at the TECEP or the PLA100, or anything that will get you an active status.  If you are within 3 years, you're in great shape.  Please provide us more info, especially a screenshot of your Student Status.  Again, email the registrar not academic advising your inquiry into reactivating your inactive status.

Returning from taking time off and readmissions link, I would read through this and see if you can get this completed with the assistance of the registrar or whatever team this goes to, maybe even try for an extension of your catalog year.  The main point you want to relay to them is, you're not an applicant, you've enrolled before using the TECEP and you should have 3 years before your inactive status lapses: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2021-202...eadmission

Scratch the extension of your catalog year part, here's the email I sent the registrar team and their response.

Hi Registrar Team,

Question: Does TESU have an enrollment extension option available? I remember it was $70/$75 to extend enrollment.

Please send me a link and pin, I am looking at registering into Medical Terminology TECEP for enrollment purposes.

If that course TECEP doesn't work, then I'll just do the TECEP for Applied Liberal Arts Math or another course.

Thank you very much, Lewis

Hi Lewis,

No, the University stopped doing enrollment extensions since students are able to come back under their current catalog up to 3 years after they become inactive.

I have registered you for APS 100 TE. The payment site is found at this link.

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20211_tsa/web/login.jsp

You will log on with your student ID number and PIN, 3150. Please make your payment within the next 24 hours. Thanks!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 102 3 minutes ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 177 9 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 256 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,845 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 555 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 285 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 237 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM