Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries
I'm interested in using my Bachelor's from TESU to teach in the Middle East. Has anyone here successfully or unsuccessfully used a TESU degree to do that?

Most of my credits are from CLEP, DSST, and brick and mortar, but I took some online classes, too. Will this hurt my chances to get a visa for teaching in the Middle East?

Which countries in the Middle East have TESU grads gotten work visas in?
CLEP US History 1 - 72
CLEP US History 2 - 69
CLEP Principles of Management - 63
CLEP Principles of Marketing - 64
CLEP Information Systems - 75
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics - 67
CLEP French - 68
CLEP Humanities - 73
CLEP Introductory Business Law - 61
DSST Organizational Behavior - 68
DSST Business Ethics and Society - 449
DSST Management Information Systems - 474
PF Financial Management
ALEKS Statistics
ALEKS Business Statistics
ALEKS Trigonometry

“People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” - Andrew Carnegie
Never dealt with the middle east, but some asian countries only want a notarized copy of the diploma as proof for teaching abroad.
Most countries if not all actually just need a Nationally recognized degree from the following countries. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, US, UK and sometimes SA (South Africa). Each of these nations has their own accreditation system, and only the US has both a Nationally accredited and Regionally accredited difference, the rest use the "charter" or provincial/state authorization.

So, if you have a TESU degree already, you're in good shape. Many teaching agencies are looking for an accredited degree and either a TESL, TESOL, CELTA certificate in addition to the experience. If you have a certificate, great, if not - get one of those 120+ hours TESL certificates for cheap.

You just need 3 things, Experience, Certificate, Degree - for the degree, they don't care where you got it from as long as it's accredited. Your TESU degree parchment will be looked at the same as any other degree out there, they don't discriminate or distinguish them anyway, and they don't care if your courses were taken online or not.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am considering getting a TESOL/TEFL certificate after my degree, there are so many out there and it seems a bit unregulated. Wondering which to even choose.

Some are offered through random online companies, some through real universities, etc. Prices are all over the place.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
zzzz24 Wrote:I am considering getting a TESOL/TEFL certificate after my degree, there are so many out there and it seems a bit unregulated. Wondering which to even choose.

Some are offered through random online companies, some through real universities, etc. Prices are all over the place.

Yeah, I PM'ed you in regards to this. Anyways, here's the recommendation: https://americantesol.com
I took their course because they are ACE accredited until they renew at the end of this year (12/31/2018).

Basically, I actually wrote about the TESOL certificate last year, see this thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-manager

Again, you may want to complete this while you're working on your SL/Study.com courses (ACE expires 12/31/2018).
You should have plenty of time (4 months) to complete the TESOL Foundations (Advanced+Business courses)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do you have a country in particular you want to teach in? I am thinking Israel in the next 3-5 years, after I have a little experience under my belt over here =)
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,931 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore