Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Demonstration of Currency-- This might screw everything up
(01-08-2020, 09:39 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 09:13 PM)zebra cow Wrote: I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say. Have you ever spoke with anyone at the advisor expressline? After speaking with an advisor named Don today I'm skeptical.

Yes, I used their expressline before.  It's mainly for basic questions though.  Email works too, it's (academicadvising)  at tesu.edu.
Will they be able to answer my question regarding the DOC and my transferrable credits? I just want to make sure I can take the capstone in febuary.
btw you try logging into TESU online student services and running the academic evaluation for finance degree? It's not official, but it could give you an idea of how classes will fall into place.

You listed 2 classes that are older than 7-year, rest are new so likely you shouldn't have to take any classes.

I'm curious if you really have to take business communications since, on your other concentration major (management), the communications class came in as UL which is where credits go first. For finance, you wouldn't need that class for UL and it may fall under professional requirements.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-08-2020, 09:56 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 09:48 PM)zebra cow Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 09:39 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 09:13 PM)zebra cow Wrote: I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say. Have you ever spoke with anyone at the advisor expressline? After speaking with an advisor named Don today I'm skeptical.

Yes, I used their expressline before.  It's mainly for basic questions though.  Email works too, it's (academicadvising)  at tesu.edu.
Will they be able to answer my question regarding the DOC and my transferrable credits? I just want to make sure I can take the capstone in febuary.

They should be able to tell you the steps you need to take.

AOS is only 18 credits total so worst-case scenario you would be missing 9 credits from AOS.

You could still get to 105 total credits by completing everything else by my math.

Yes if I get my results back from davar I will be good to go because I'll have 102. Not counting the test I still have to take. I took a test last night so idk how long it will take to grade plus the time it will take to transfer in.  Do you think there will be enough time? If there's not will they let me take capstone withh 99 creds?

(01-08-2020, 09:56 PM)LevelUP Wrote: btw you try logging into TESU online student services and running the academic evaluation for finance degree? It's not official, but it could give you an idea of how classes will fall into place.

You listed 2 classes that are older than 7-year, rest are new so likely you shouldn't have to take any classes.

I'm curious if you really have to take business communications since, on your other concentration major (management), the communications class came in as UL which is where credits go first.  For finance, you wouldn't need that class for UL and it may fall under professional requirements.
No I haven't how do I do that? Do I have to  enrolled to do that? I'm not officially enrolled yet.

I ran the evaluation. Its telling me the two classes are too old. However, intro to risk management I took in the spring 2013 semester which would only make it six years old. So idk what's going on with that.
No, you don't need to be enrolled.  I use it and haven't paid anything but the app fee to them so far. 
Login here:
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/on...t-services

You need to know your user id, there is a way to look it up using your SSN and last name.  If you need help, you can just ask them tomorrow.   

Your welcome emails from TESU explain some it though they don't do a great job of showing you how their school works after you register.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-08-2020, 10:37 PM)LevelUP Wrote: No, you don't need to be enrolled.  I use it and haven't paid anything but the app fee to them so far. 
Login here:
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/on...t-services

You need to know your user id, there is a way to look it up using your SSN and last name.  If you need help, you can just ask them tomorrow.   

Your welcome emails from TESU explain some it though they don't do a great job of showing you how their school works after you register.
What do you think about the risk management being fron spring 2013 there shouldn't be a problem with that right? I also have a finance class that comes in as finance 399 that was from fall 2013 (finished 12/1/13) which should work as well right? Unless 6 years equals 7 years at TESU lol.
I would say that you've got a better chance of getting an answer over email than calling in
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(01-08-2020, 11:23 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I would say that you've got a better chance of getting an answer over email than calling in

I just sent in a email. Thanks! I'm still gonna call though just to see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch