Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Grad School Credits for Second Bachelors
(02-23-2019, 05:06 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 04:51 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 11:28 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 12:37 AM)cookderosa Wrote: thanks!!  
(not sure why my comments were double...hmmm ignore that)

Merlin merged the threads.

The double post had nothing to do with merging the threads. If there were two identical posts in two threads and they are merged, both will show individually. The forum will sometimes double post if you double click the save button.

I can remove the second post if desired though. Smile

Gotcha. I remember seeing the double post in the original thread. For some reason, I thought she was referring to the back-to-back posts.

Yeah, it looks as if I answered twice...writing the exact same thing both times. Now, if I had that kind of memory, I would have taken the MCAT after all. Ha!
TESU responded. Students can use graduate credits from prior degrees just like they can use undergraduate credits from prior degrees. They just need to make sure they earn 24 new credits in the AOS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 4 users Like sanantone's post:
  • cookderosa, DeanLewis, Life Long Learning, Muldoon
(02-25-2019, 09:31 AM)sanantone Wrote: TESU responded. Students can use graduate credits from prior degrees just like they can use undergraduate credits from prior degrees. They just need to make sure they earn 24 new credits in the AOS.

Outstanding!!!

I can think of this really working to one's advantage when your undergrad degree doesn't match your grad degree well but you want to go back and check the box with a "matching" undergrad degree. I'm thinking of several who have some form of liberal arts undergrad that earned an MBA for instance.
(02-25-2019, 09:31 AM)sanantone Wrote: TESU responded. Students can use graduate credits from prior degrees just like they can use undergraduate credits from prior degrees. They just need to make sure they earn 24 new credits in the AOS.

Can you use them for your free electives?  Thanks.
(02-27-2019, 08:30 PM)satori Wrote:

Can you use them for your free electives?  Thanks.

Any college-level course can go in free electives.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(02-27-2019, 08:30 PM)satori Wrote: Can you use them for your free electives?  Thanks.

Yes, but I'd be tempted to find something fast and cheap from one of the regular alternative credit sources for that just so I didn't tie up a potential grad credit that I might want to use in a master's degree. When you can grab something like Personal Finance to fill a spot like that, it just seems like overkill to use a graduate course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-28-2019, 12:20 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 08:30 PM)satori Wrote: Can you use them for your free electives?  Thanks.

Yes, but I'd be tempted to find something fast and cheap from one of the regular alternative credit sources for that just so I didn't tie up a potential grad credit that I might want to use in a master's degree. When you can grab something like Personal Finance to fill a spot like that, it just seems like overkill to use a graduate course.

Dave has a good point- and also, I think it matters about timing.

If you have a bachelor's and you're pursuing a second bachelor's, you're going to have to stay one step ahead of the process to be sure you don't lock any grad credits down inside a degree that you might need for a grad degree, because as nice as it is to downgrade a grad credit into an undergrad slot, I've read MULTIPLE places that grad level transfer credit earned as part of an undergrad degree is not accepted as grad transfer credit in a master's. This is especially interesting for people pursuing the 3+2 programs and don't finish.
Sad 
My question is how should the Diploma be printed out with a dual degree from TESU,
if you do a BS and BA, which title should be printed or which major should be come writing on the Diploma.

Yesterday i contact TESU via chat and i ask them if i can pay the flat fee to finish 2 degree by doing 2 capstone and the information literacy together and they said no.   I have to pay again for the second degree  eider residency or the flat fee option again.  Huh

Thats why my question if i do the dual degree i only pay once and finish a double major.
A dual degree is composed of how many credits  i guest 140 credit.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(07-23-2019, 12:15 PM)gams007 Wrote: My question is how should the Diploma be printed out with a dual degree from TESU,
if you do a BS and BA, which title should be printed or which major should be come writing on the Diploma.

Yesterday i contact TESU via chat and i ask them if i can pay the flat fee to finish 2 degree by doing 2 capstone and the information literacy together and they said no.   I have to pay again for the second degree  eider residency or the flat fee option again.  Huh

Thats why my question if i do the dual degree i only pay once and finish a double major.
A dual degree is composed of how many credits  i guest 140 credit.

If you get a BS and a BA, you would have two diplomas and two degrees. Your major will never be printed on your diploma for either degree.

There is no set number of credits for a dual degree. You have to meet the requirements for both degrees, and need 24 credits in the area of study for each degree that weren't part of the other degree. In theory, this means a total of 144 credits, if I understand the requirements correctly.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(07-23-2019, 12:15 PM)gams007 Wrote: My question is how should the Diploma be printed out with a dual degree from TESU,

For a dual area of study, I would expect the two AOS to be listed on the transcript and a single diploma says BA or BS or BSBA, etc... For a second degree, I'd expect you to receive two separate diplomas.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 166 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 243 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 472 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 499 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  So, about the TESU school logo on linkedin.. posabsolute 6 640 01-04-2024, 05:45 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 792 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 433 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  back to school bassel75 1 300 11-01-2023, 01:09 PM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 494 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM