Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Area of Study (Part 2) - TESU
Hey Toasty, I got your PM. Keep calm and reply with your unofficial academic evaluations for the AOS requirements. Let me break it down to you again, TESU is correct as all of them are adding a second degree with the new 2021 requirements. In the system, there isn't a way of just adding a second AOS. Unless things have changed again (previously people can't do a double AOS with GM, it had to be any other combo), they may have it back to that.

Scenario 1: Don't panic, be happy you're already at the finish line. Finish all the AOS requirements for the GM first, secondly complete the AOS requirements of the Entrepreneurship. You do not need to do any other requirements, just make sure those AOS are done for both of them. When you apply for graduation, just apply for the GM and follow the link we sent you to add the second AOS.

Scenario 2: If they have changed the rules again disallowing a GM double AOS, then skip the Entrepreneurship AOS OR change your GM AOS to Marketing. Entrepreneurship and Marketing have 3 courses that can overlap. It's easy actually to find out what double AOS you want, by doing an unofficial evaluation. I highly recommend you do the evaluations and post your AOS requirements for each as a screenshot reply to this message.

Scenario 3: As a final option, you can instead of going for an extra AOS, go for an extra certificate or two if your courses are completed, the exact same steps and in some cases, the exact same courses are required for the AOS & Cert. There is a link for adding a cert at the same time if you graduate. However, they have made a change, each cert you get has a $100 certificate fee which is chump change compared to paying 18 credits at TESU for a cert!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-19-2020, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey Toasty, I got your PM.  Keep calm and reply with your unofficial academic evaluations for the AOS requirements.  Let me break it down to you again, TESU is correct as all of them are adding a second degree with the new 2021 requirements.  In the system, there isn't a way of just adding a second AOS.  Unless things have changed again (previously people can't do a double AOS with GM, it had to be any other combo), they may have it back to that.

Scenario 1:  Don't panic, be happy you're already at the finish line.  Finish all the AOS requirements for the GM first, secondly complete the AOS requirements of the Entrepreneurship.  You do not need to do any other requirements, just make sure those AOS are done for both of them.  When you apply for graduation, just apply for the GM and follow the link we sent you to add the second AOS.

Scenario 2:  If they have changed the rules again disallowing a GM double AOS, then skip the Entrepreneurship AOS OR change your GM AOS to Marketing.  Entrepreneurship and Marketing have 3 courses that can overlap.  It's easy actually to find out what double AOS you want, by doing an unofficial evaluation.  I highly recommend you do the evaluations and post your AOS requirements for each as a screenshot reply to this message.

Scenario 3: As a final option, you can instead of going for an extra AOS, go for an extra certificate or two if your courses are completed, the exact same steps and in some cases, the exact same courses are required for the AOS & Cert.  There is a link for adding a cert at the same time if you graduate.  However, they have made a change, each cert you get has a $100 certificate fee which is chump change compared to paying 18 credits at TESU for a cert!
Okay, THANK YOU.  I'm starting to freak out less.  I'm calming down now.  Big Grin I'm literally down to passing one class, and them I'm DONE with the BSBA- GM.  Adding Undergrad Certs and additional AOS's just kind of came out of the blue at the end...

In any case, if I have to take what amounts to 3 more classes then intended (and no other requirements), meaning that I would take 6 more classes to get the AOS, instead of 3, then it is what it is.

Oh!  Here's the screen shot of the Entrepreneurship Eval

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_20200819-195810.png (Size: 263.78 KB / Downloads: 16)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Can you place your unofficial academic evaluation for the GM and another for Marketing? The reason I ask is because Entrepreneurship and Marketing have many overlapping courses you can take but only 3 can be re-used. And the other reason I asked is because you Digital Marketing & Advertising should have come into the Entrepreneurship AOS, it should also go into the Marketing AOS too. With the evaluations for GM and Marketing, we can see if it would be feasible to go ENT & MAR...

For Entrepreneurship, these are the courses I recommend (all from Study.com)
Intro to Entrepreneurship (LL)
Small Business Finance
Marketing Research
E-Commerce (LL)
- Two more Marketing Courses (UL)

For Marketing, these are the courses I recommend (also all from Study.com)
Marketing Research
E-Commerce (LL)
- Four more Marketing Courses (UL)

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Toastmaster
Here's the BSBA-GM screenshot

Here's the Marketing screenshot

THANK YOU!!!

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot_20200819-211617.png (Size: 206.29 KB / Downloads: 15)
.png   Screenshot_20200819-211821.png (Size: 208.98 KB / Downloads: 11)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

So, you're down to one class to finishing the BSBA GM? Which course is that, the Cost Accounting? If so, decide which two you want to go for GM, ENT or MAR. FYI, the BSBA is already a General Business Administration degree, having a concentration of General Management would be redundant, if you have the energy/money/time to finish a few more UL Study.com courses, then the ENT & MAR will make better sense. However, having said that, if you can't wait and want this done, then just the GM would do, skip the ENT/MAR. And if you have to get a second AOS, then decide which of the two would benefit you most.

By looking at your ENT, you already have a few courses - HRM, PM, and Digital Marketing & Advertising (should be their Electronic Media topic suggestion), I wonder why it didn't show up when the screenshot mentions those can be used in the 9 elective courses. That's a bit strange, I'd investigate that further. If you have decided on Entrepreneurship, you can actually ask them to change your current GM into the ENT and keep the current catalog year.

To recap, GM just requires the Cost Accounting or any accounting course (LL or UL) as you already have MAN/MAR covered
ENT requires only 3 courses I mentioned above. Intro to Entrepreneurship (LL), Small Business Finance, Marketing Research
MAR AOS requires Marketing Research, E-Commerce (LL), and 3 more UL Marketing courses (all can be from Study.com)

• Toastmaster
(08-19-2020, 08:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, you're down to one class to finishing the BSBA GM? Which course is that, the Cost Accounting?  If so, decide which two you want to go for GM, ENT or MAR.  FYI, the BSBA is already a General Business Administration degree, having a concentration of General Management would be redundant, if you have the energy/money/time to finish a few more UL Study.com courses, then the ENT & MAR will make better sense.  However, having said that, if you can't wait and want this done, then just the GM would do, skip the ENT/MAR.  And if you have to get a second AOS, then decide which of the two would benefit you most.

By looking at your ENT, you already have a few courses - HRM, PM, and Digital Marketing & Advertising (should be their Electronic Media topic suggestion), I wonder why it didn't show up when the screenshot mentions those can be used in the 9 elective courses.  That's a bit strange, I'd investigate that further.  If you have decided on Entrepreneurship, you can actually ask them to change your current GM into the ENT and keep the current catalog year.  

To recap, GM just requires the Cost Accounting or any accounting course (LL or UL) as you already have MAN/MAR covered
ENT requires only 3 courses I mentioned above. Intro to Entrepreneurship (LL), Small Business Finance, Marketing Research
MAR AOS requires Marketing Research, E-Commerce (LL), and 3 more UL Marketing courses (all can be from Study.com)
The last class is Business 113: Business Communication.  Studying for the final right now actually.

The Cost Accounting I already have, it's just that I took it though Straighterline and haven't transferred it in yet.

Oh yay! a big congrats! hahaha, that's so awesome, you're already done with the BSBA GM then. You can send your StraighterLine and Study.com transcripts directly to TESU for FREE and apply for December graduation! So, it's just your choice to 1) graduate with just GM, or 2) add another AOS or 3) to change the AOS to Entrepreneurship and add a second Marketing AOS or 4) leave it with the GM and get some additional Certs instead. Take your time AFTER you do the BUS113 to decide which route is best for you.

• Toastmaster
(08-19-2020, 11:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh yay! a big congrats! hahaha, that's so awesome, you're already done with the BSBA GM then.  You can send your StraighterLine and Study.com transcripts directly to TESU for FREE and apply for December graduation!  So, it's just your choice to 1) graduate with just GM, or 2) add another AOS or 3) to change the AOS to Entrepreneurship and add a second Marketing AOS or 4) leave it with the GM and get some additional Certs instead.  Take your time AFTER you do the BUS113 to decide which route is best for you.

THANKS!!!  Will do!  And thank you for your help again, I truly sincerely appreciate it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 101 5 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,562 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 611 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 511 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM