Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU English Comp I and II
Hi all!

I was set to take the English Comp with Essay CLEP next week to get my TESU English I and II credits but with the Coronavirus I am unable to test for the foreseeable future. This change of plans has left me struggling to find a quick alternative because I really need to register for the TESU Capstone in May to graduate in September. Because of this, my timeline is incredibly short and I really don't want to wait around until mid-April only to find that I am still unable to sit for my CLEP. 

So I come to you guys for the best and quickest alternative, I have 90+ college credits and English is a pretty strong suit of mine though I don't want to write a million essays if I can avoid it. I would ideally like courses I can finish within a week a two so TESU can receive my scores in time for me to register in May. 

Here are the alternatives I have been able to come up with: 
TECEP - Am I able to register and sit for these ASAP via ProctorU?
Straighterline - Is it possible to finish both English 1 and 2 in a week?
Study.com - The English courses will no longer be accepted as of April 1 so I'm doubtful I will be able to complete these in time

Please provide any experience you've had with the above or any other alternatives I might be missing for consideration. 

Thank you so much!
How about Sophia? Right now Sophia is offering free courses due to coronavirus issues and colleges. The drawback is that you probably can't finish each class in a week because assignments have to be graded.But you can work ahead and don't have to wait for all essays to be graded to move forward. So it can be fast if you know the material and can write according to assignment instructions and rubrics. There is an exception. One of the assignments (number 4) is a revision of the essay before it. (English Comp I. I don't know on II). both of those are accepted at tesu. you can start now on them.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Msybrown
(03-19-2020, 08:36 PM)P226mem Wrote: How about Sophia? Right now Sophia is offering free courses due to coronavirus issues and colleges.  The drawback is that you probably can't finish each class in a week because assignments have to be graded.But you can work ahead and don't have to wait for all essays to be graded to move forward. So it can be fast if you know the material and can write according to assignment instructions and rubrics.   There is an exception. One of the assignments (number 4) is a revision of the essay before it.  (English Comp I.  I don't know on II).  both of those are accepted at tesu. you can start now on them.

(03-19-2020, 08:36 PM)P226mem Wrote: How about Sophia? Right now Sophia is offering free courses due to coronavirus issues and colleges.  The drawback is that you probably can't finish each class in a week because assignments have to be graded.But you can work ahead and don't have to wait for all essays to be graded to move forward. So it can be fast if you know the material and can write according to assignment instructions and rubrics.   There is an exception. One of the assignments (number 4) is a revision of the essay before it.  (English Comp I.  I don't know on II).  both of those are accepted at tesu. you can start now on them.

Thank you so much! I used Sophia for a few free courses and liked the format. I will look into them!
Definitely think about the TECEP, finishing in a couple of hours is a lot nicer than taking a course. I thought EC II was pretty easy, I did it with zero study. Proctoring is online.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Msybrown
Basically, I would take the Eng I & II from Sophia since they've got this special going on. In fact, any general ed/free electives should be had with these courses from Sophia if you can. They're the most appealing provider thus far with the quality of their courses that they create.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Msybrown
Just finished taking the TECEP for ENG II. It took me all of the 3 hours, but I was probably overthinking it. The most difficult part was the citations; the test questions were much more confusing than the examples on the study guide. There were 4 questions. Tips for study - ensure you know how to cite works that were originally published in print, but are now only available online. Also articles published online. ProctorU did NOT allow me to use the owl.purdue.edu site, although the test instructions say that you can. So... nervously awaiting my results.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 458 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 481 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 281 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27