Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU End-game: Public Speaking COM-209?
How hard is this course at TESU? I think I've seen recommendations here to avoid Sophia and just to do it at TESU but I can't find those posts again! Theres no ePack for it, but from the sounds of it it doesnt appear to hard. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts. Originally I was planning to do two terms @ TESU to wrap things up, but now I've reconfigured some stuff down to just this in one term. This is based on the model that Rachael and BJCheung have floated a few times on how to get the 16;

Critical Info Theory Corner
Computers (EP)
Nutrition (EP)
Public Speaking
Business Admin Capstone
Prior Learning Assesment

Does this seem doable?
Hmm, the BIO-208 and CIS-107 E-Packs are good choices. I haven't taken anything at TESU but the capstone <smirk>, I don't know how hard this course is going to be, but you can decide on another E-Pack for courses that you're missing. As you're just using these for either RA or 16 residency credits, I would take all lower level courses (except for the Capstone of course).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • thecontrarian
I don't think anyone here has done TESU's Public Speaking course.  Most people do the Presentation Skills at Study.com, which can be done in a couple of days, or tackle the longer Public Speaking Sophia course, which can take a lot longer.

Before taking those ePacks I strongly recommend you do the sample questions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NqOT...OcvzA/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZslM...VW78UbQgk/

If you didn't score near 70% with zero studying, I would be wary of doing the ePacks.

Nobody comes to DF saying they failed a TESU course, but I bet soon with all these ePack recommendations, someone will soon come in here and say something like, "scored 67% on the ePack, failed by only 3%, dam!"
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • thecontrarian
(10-10-2021, 05:09 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I don't think anyone here has done TESU's Public Speaking course.  Most people do the Presentation Skills at Study.com, which can be done in a couple of days, or tackle the longer Public Speaking Sophia course, which can take a lot longer.

Before taking those ePacks I strongly recommend you do the sample questions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NqOT...OcvzA/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZslM...VW78UbQgk/

If you didn't score near 70% with zero studying, I would be wary of doing the ePacks.

Nobody comes to DF saying they failed a TESU course, but I bet soon with all these ePack recommendations, someone will soon come in here and say something like, "scored 67% on the ePack, failed by only 3%, dam!"

Thanks LevelUp. Great links. I will definitely try the tests. I'm not sure I can at all pass these courses without studying.
(10-10-2021, 06:16 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: Thanks LevelUp. Great links. I will definitely try the tests. I'm not sure I can at all pass these courses without studying.

You just do the sample questions to give you an idea of how far you would be from passing the course.

You would still need to study and the ePacks give you a lot of additional quiz questions.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • thecontrarian
Definitely do NOT do TESU's Public Speaking as part of a 16-credit term. The whole idea for such a term is to pick courses that have as little work in them as possible so that you can focus on the capstone. This usually means 100-level courses, but there are a couple of UL courses that can be appropriate, depending on your degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, thecontrarian
(10-11-2021, 01:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Definitely do NOT do TESU's Public Speaking as part of a 16-credit term. The whole idea for such a term is to pick courses that have as little work in them as possible so that you can focus on the capstone. This usually means 100-level courses, but there are a couple of UL courses that can be appropriate, depending on your degree.

Thanks Rachel. I'm moving Public Speaking out of the end-game and moving American Government in. In a way its going back a little fo rme since I already passed the CLEP for that. But I found that course super easy and there is an e-pack for it.
If it's something that you find easy, I'd definitely do the ePack. Taking the one exam will give you more time to devote to the capstone.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, thecontrarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch