Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Enrolled Status
Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I've read through the forums and thought I understood TESC enrollment, but apparently not. I applied to TESC back in 2015 and my application was accepted. I wanted to proceed with the Per-Credit tuition option and paid for a TECEP in late 2015, registered for Jan 2016 term, took and passed the TECEP in Feb. Before I took the TECEP I noticed that I still wasn't listed as "enrolled" under my Student ID. In December I contacted lsu@tesc.edu about not being showed as enrolled under per-credit after purchasing a TECEP. They wrote back and said I would become a student 10 days into the Jan term, as that was the term for my TECEP.

Fast forward to this new change for TESU residency, I wanted to confirm that I was still under the old plan. I was told I'm still not enrolled. I saw Leedeedee had a similar problem that the school had forgot to activate their enrollment post-TECEP this year. When I emailed lsu@tesu.edu again they said the information they sent me in December was incorrect and I needed to tale a GS or OL course to be considered enrolled. Is there an important step I missed along the way or am I getting incorrect information from the school?

Throughout the entire period I've also been working on my degree plan with TESC/U, sending over ACE credits, have the two academic programs I'm pursuing listed under my student profile with 2015-2016 catalog showing, etc... so I'm a little confused about what could be missing.

I'm hoping someone can help clarify this for me.
Hello, unfortunately this all unravelled unexpectedly and I don't think anyone on the forum works at TESU.
It's hard to say, from whats in your tale, it just seems a mixup somewhere at TESU and just needs to be cleared.
Please see below, I typed the same message in the other thread, it should apply here as well.

I wouldn't wait until next week. If you have the time, call or shoot them an email again to clarify.
Usually email is best, you will have it in writing and can be tracked. Hope that helps.
Furthermore, you can call them, get clarification and have them email you the details for reference.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Would the registrar be a better place to send the next email?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
bjcheung77 Wrote:Hello, unfortunately this all unravelled unexpectedly and I don't think anyone on the forum works at TESU.
It's hard to say, from whats in your tale, it just seems a mixup somewhere at TESU and just needs to be cleared.
Please see below, I typed the same message in the other thread, it should apply here as well.

I wouldn't wait until next week. If you have the time, call or shoot them an email again to clarify.
Usually email is best, you will have it in writing and can be tracked. Hope that helps.
Furthermore, you can call them, get clarification and have them email you the details for reference.

Thank you for the information. I've already emailed them back asking for clarification on the enrollment issue. I was just hoping that someone here might be able clarify and say "You forgot step 'X'" in enrollment for the per-credit program. The responses I've been getting from TESU are not very verbose. As far as I'd read on the forums, once you had applied, been accepted under the per-credit program and taken a TECEP, you would be enrolled. I feel that with the latest changes from TESU, they're trying to minimize the number of grandfathered students for the Per-Credit/TECEP enrollment option to increase revenue.
So just a follow up as I called into the registrars office. I spoke with someone who was able to resolve my initial problem, but informed me of a new and potentially larger problem that might affect a lot of people on this board. I was told that all TECEPs will no longer count for the residency requirement. Completed or not. They said there had been a lot of discussion at the University about this and that ultimately they decided TECEPs will no longer fulfill that requirement. So according to my call, even if you've been a student for years, your TECEPs are no longer residency credits. I don't really see how they're going to justify that to the student body, especially when it hasn't been conveyed by them, but only when students themselves contacted the University. Supposedly the school is drafting a message to send out to the student body this week.
We knew the TECEPs would no longer be counting, but I can't see how they can retroactively enforce that.

It'll be interesting to see how that unfolds.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I have a call in, as I am signed up for the May term with my final 3 TECEP's and then I'm applying for graduation. I can't even imagine what will happen if they tell me that I won't be grandfathered in and I have to pay $2000 for my degree!!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Waiting to see how this plays out, my rep today advised that as well, and was not looking forward to when it becomes common knowledge. He seemed to think it would have to adjusted or recanted due to the amount of students counting on TECEPs for residency.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,981 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,595 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore