Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Enrollment
(11-09-2018, 09:53 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:56 PM)davewill Wrote: Normal registration closes for Dec term on Nov 11, and for Jan term on Dec 15. Late registration is fairly expensive, so avoid it. Wink That means that if you want to make Dec term, you should jump on it today or tomorrow as the 11th is Veteran's Day and you can't count on getting help if their computer system goes down over the weekend.

I know the late fee is $150 but do you know if that is per term, class, or credit?

Per course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
hallk33, if you haven't taken the cornerstone, it's a requirement and can be done within a few hours. That course will enroll you for a year. If you need to extend that, take a simple TECEP for enrollment purposes. BTW, what degree are you looking into getting at TESU?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-09-2018, 11:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: hallk33, if you haven't taken the cornerstone, it's a requirement and can be done within a few hours.  That course will enroll you for a year.  If you need to extend that, take a simple TECEP for enrollment purposes.  BTW, what degree are you looking into getting at TESU?

Yes I need to take the cornerstone so I will be signing up for that for the December term. I was hoping to take other classes as well but I'm not sure what will best apply for my degree. I am pursuing the BSBA in Operation Management but also wanted to do the Bachelor's to Master's program and earn a Masters of Science in Technical Studies. I need some credits to move around so that I can have those credits fit into my degree program. Until that gets resolved I plan on taking the cornerstone and taking some study.com classes.
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
(11-11-2018, 03:08 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 11:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: hallk33, if you haven't taken the cornerstone, it's a requirement and can be done within a few hours.  That course will enroll you for a year.  If you need to extend that, take a simple TECEP for enrollment purposes.  BTW, what degree are you looking into getting at TESU?

Yes I need to take the cornerstone so I will be signing up for that for the December term. I was hoping to take other classes as well but I'm not sure what will best apply for my degree. I am pursuing the BSBA in Operation Management but also wanted to do the Bachelor's to Master's program and earn a Masters of Science in Technical Studies. I need some credits to move around so that I can have those credits fit into my degree program. Until that gets resolved I plan on taking the cornerstone and taking some study.com classes.

I never recommend TESU's MA program.  Ever.  They are WAY too expensive.  There are tons of other options available elsewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-11-2018, 08:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 03:08 PM)hallk33 Wrote:

I never recommend TESU's MA program.  Ever.  They are WAY too expensive.  There are tons of other options available elsewhere.
I'm looking for a Technology or Engineering related management (not MIS/IT) based Masters and it seems like most online options are for MBAs. I want to start a program before I complete my Bachelors so that also narrows my options. But I'm willing to consider other options, do you have any suggestions bjcheung77?
Haha, you're putting me on the spot! I think you've done your research already - There are options, many actually, it all depends on what you're looking at for cheap/easy/fast. I've asked people about Engineering and Technology, which one are you looking at specifically? Technical Studies is broad, so I was curious if you're looking at something specific such as Electrical or Software Engineering, maybe Medical or Nuclear Engineering?

You are correct, most of the online options are for MBA and MA/MS in IT or MIS. If those aren't the ones you're looking for, that limits the number of schools significantly. Is there a price range you're looking at for the combined BSBA/MS? Are you looking at TESU or another of the Big 3/WGU? I generally don't recommend the Big 3 for a Masters program as I am really into the "cheap/easy/fast" degrees for both undergrad/grad.

I've looked at your previous posts and you're well informed and knowledgeable - seems like you've done your research... I look forward to your reply as I think you already know which one you're going for - TESU BSBA Ops Man + TESU Bach2Mast MS for the price of roughly $20-25K. That's a lot of change, but not much compared to the Ivy League or other State universities, or even other online for-profit degree providers.

Update: We should keep on topic with TESU Enrollment, but since we've somewhat hijacked this thread, I'll just continue on...

You should know that for the Bachelors to Masters at TESU, you can take up to 12 credits towards your Masters when you're doing the BSBA Ops Man. There are 4 specific courses you can do, it'll take two from the AOS and two of your free electives. You need to inform me of the courses you currently have taken and the courses you are taking, along with what you have completed so you can map those accordingly.

TESU List of Masters AOS: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/ms
TESU MS AOS Technical Studies: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/ms/technical-studies
From the following four courses below, Project Management and Cost Estimation can be used in AOS for BSBA
The other two courses will need to go into the FREE electives, giving you a total of 12 credits.

TESU Blog - https://blog.tesu.edu/what-is-the-bachel...e-accepted
APS-510: Project Management for Technology
APS-602: Managing People in Technology Based Organizations
APS-610: Cost Estimation and Financial Management for Engineers and Technologists
THC-625: Technology and the Human Community: Challenges and Responses

TESU B2M - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/bachelors...rs-program
Master of Science - Graduate courses taken as an undergraduate student:
APS-610: Cost Estimation and Financial Management for Engineers and Technologists
APS-601: Technology Innovation and Commercialization

For your $'s worth, I suggest going for the Comprehensive Tuition and using that to pay for a years worth of courses at TESU. You can take up to a max of 36 credits with this, so I suggest to you also to complete not only the BSBA Ops Man, but a BS Tech Studies degree using those overlapping credits.

(11-12-2018, 07:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Haha, you're putting me on the spot! I think you've done your research already - There are options, many actually, it all depends on what you're looking at for cheap/easy/fast. I've asked people about Engineering and Technology, which one are you looking at specifically? Technical Studies is broad, so I was curious if you're looking at something specific such as Electrical or Software Engineering, maybe Medical or Nuclear Engineering?

You are correct, most of the online options are for MBA and MA/MS in IT or MIS. If those aren't the ones you're looking for, that limits the number of schools significantly. Is there a price range you're looking at for the combined BSBA/MS? Are you looking at TESU or another of the Big 3/WGU? I generally don't recommend the Big 3 for a Masters program as I am really into the "cheap/easy/fast" degrees for both undergrad/grad.

I've looked at your previous posts and you're well informed and knowledgeable - seems like you've done your research... I look forward to your reply as I think you already know which one you're going for - TESU BSBA Ops Man + TESU Bach2Mast MS for the price of roughly $20-25K. That's a lot of change, but not much compared to the Ivy League or other State universities, or even other online for-profit degree providers.

Update: We should keep on topic with TESU Enrollment, but since we've somewhat hijacked this thread, I'll just continue on...

You should know that for the Bachelors to Masters at TESU, you can take up to 12 credits towards your Masters when you're doing the BSBA Ops Man. There are 4 specific courses you can do, it'll take two from the AOS and two of your free electives. You need to inform me of the courses you currently have taken and the courses you are taking, along with what you have completed so you can map those accordingly.

TESU List of Masters AOS: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/ms
TESU MS AOS Technical Studies: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/ms/technical-studies
From the following four courses below, Project Management and Cost Estimation can be used in AOS for BSBA
The other two courses will need to go into the FREE electives, giving you a total of 12 credits.

TESU Blog - https://blog.tesu.edu/what-is-the-bachel...e-accepted
THC-625: Technology and the Human Community: Challenges and Responses

TESU B2M - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/bachelors...rs-program
Master of Science - Graduate courses taken as an undergraduate student:
APS-601: Technology Innovation and Commercialization

For your $'s worth, I suggest going for the Comprehensive Tuition and using that to pay for a years worth of courses at TESU. You can take up to a max of 36 credits with this, so I suggest to you also to complete not only the BSBA Ops Man, but a BS Tech Studies degree using those overlapping credits.
Not meaning to put you on the spot but stuff like this is part of the reason this forum is so useful and I appreciate the feedback.

I'm looking for something like manufacturing engineering with an emphasis on lean/continuous improvement aspects so that tends to be a combo of technology and engineering and management which is why the TESU Masters seems like a good fit. Definitely interested in a lot of the classes offered and having a more broad education as a masters doesn't hurt if I want to take on more of a project manager role later.

To me the Bach2Mas cost savings help a lot so does the comprehensive tuition. Still kinda pricey but faster overall since I don't need the bachelors done first. And the other schools I have looked at end up being like twice as much. And TESU enrollment qualifies me for a state grant for up to $5k per year which would include Master classes here where as other schools wouldn't because it isn't a combined degree. TESU is the only one of the big 3 I'm considering but the discussions here did make may relook at other options. It also gave me more of an internal examination as to why I want to pursue this program which has been a helpful kick in the butt in getting my masters application together.

Courses are still being moved around for me because I asked for an eval of BSBA OM and BSTS with one of those going into the masters program since it looks like the credits overlap well and use more of my "other" credits.
Haha, I was just kidding about putting me on the spot, that's a great plan to use up the state grant! Does your workplace have tuition assistance/reimbursement too? That would help as well. You may be able to test out of the BSBA OM, the only course that isn't available for test out is the Capstone. For the BSTS, you have 60 general education credits that will overlap, 15 free electives that can be used for the business courses from the BSBA.

You can also use a few overlapping courses such as Project Management. I would guess in total, 90 credits from the BSBA would be transferable to your BSTS. That leaves you with the "Tech Studies" 30 credits and the two capstones.... that equates to the 36 credits required for the comprehensive tuition - 2 degrees, for the price of one. And to further that, those 4 courses (in the previous post) going towards the Masters is included! Woot Woot.

On a side note, are you a service person? What I mean is, do you have a JST from the Army/Navy, etc? Are you close to a CLEP testing center? Do you have a list of courses or a spreadsheet you have completed/planned? There are other ways to save/shave off some cost to the degree, the bulk of the cost actually would be from TESU, the rest you can try to minimize with the cheap ACE/NCCRS providers in addition to CLEP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 494 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 443 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 464 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,200 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 230 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 366 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 276 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27