Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Ethics with Sophia.org ??
Hello friends! I'm trying to figure out how to get my required gen. ed. ethics credit with TESU cheaply. I saw Sophia is offering courses for free for a few months so I wanted to try some courses with them. Does anyone know if Sophia's Intro to Ethics course will count as my ethic credit with TESU?  If not, what other ethics courses are offered that I could affordably do? Thanks in advance.
You may want to have a look at this post:
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 1 user Likes doom's post:
  • abs_co
I did Sophia Ethics this month and it was placed on my evaluation at TESU in the ethics credit. came in as Phi 180.

from the other post linked above some other options are mentioned. My experience with having them on tesu eval this week:
the TEEX cyber ethics, was given Gen Ed elective credit (2 credits). took that course within the last 3 months. came in as cyb 122
and the Institutes Ethics course (which I took in dec 2019) was given 3 credits as lower level "liberal studies area of study" credit. came in as phi 288 and was given title of professional ethics.

Since the sophia ethics is free right now, give it a try. I had heard on here that the Institutes Ethics wouldn't work any longer and got the sophia one done quickly just in case. I don't know if they would have given Institutes in the "ethics" category or not if I hadn't had the sophia one. Courses do get moved around on evaluation based on other factors and what degree is.

but that's my experience with those and the eval was done this week.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • abs_co, rachel83az
Amazing! Thank you so much, I'm super relieved to hear that. I'll give it a go thenSmile
If I take the Sophia Ethics class (for B. Civic & Global Learning, TESU BSBA GM) does it make sense to also take the Institutes Ethics Class, possibly for GE credit?
I think I recall sometime earlier this year that the Institutes Ethics class is no longer accepted for any type of credit at TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sophia Intro to Ethics transferfed into mine as PHI-180 in the Ethics section. That class is awful, but it works for that section. It's still free if you sign up right now.
(07-29-2020, 11:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think I recall sometime earlier this year that the Institutes Ethics class is no longer accepted for any type of credit at TESU.

I remember someone saying that as well just after I finished Institutes. So I ended up taking sophia ethics "just in case". But, turns out in April of this year Institutes, Sophia and TEEX cyber ethics were ALL given credit at tesu for me in BaLS (I left more details on reply up the thread with course number equivalencies). If it has changed this year, it was after mid April. For me I have all three of those and they counted.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-29-2020, 11:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think I recall sometime earlier this year that the Institutes Ethics class is no longer accepted for any type of credit at TESU.

TESU brought my Institutes Ethics through on 04/27/2020 as follows:

PHI-288
Professional Ethics
04/14/20
CR
PHI-288
*NE
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-30-2020, 09:53 AM)rpmranger Wrote: Sophia Intro to Ethics transferfed into mine as PHI-180 in the Ethics section. That class is awful, but it works for that section. It's still free if you sign up right now.

Yeah, it checked the box and was free so I'm happy.  However it was pretty obvious whoever wrote the questions for the course has a brain that doesn't work like mine.  Once I figured that out it wasn't too bad.  I chose the answer I thought it would be, eliminated that one, then chose one of the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch