Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Evaluation Complete, This is how all my credits transferred
(09-30-2020, 05:37 AM)Luka1110 Wrote: Looks amazing! congratulations on completing all those courses. I can see that you got a good amount of credits taken with Sophia. Can Sophia be used in replacement to Study.com? and will TESU accept Sophia credits?

TESU absolutely accepts Sophia credits that have been added to an ACE transcript. If you take everything at Sophia, you'll be able to fulfill most of your GE requirements and a few elective credits as well (depending on what degree you're going for). The only GE requirements that Sophia doesn't cover is the 'Civic Engagement' one. American Government can be taken from InstantCert or elsewhere to fill this gap. If it takes you 4 months to do everything possible at Sophia, that's $316 for around 80 credits.

TESU restricts students to 90 credits from any one source. This means that you cannot get a degree solely with SDC credits. However, the 70-80 credits at Sophia leaves plenty of room for SDC credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I am finding I prefer Sophia over Study for pace but Study over Sophia for more detailed knowledge. Balancing the two will give you a very good education and give you a good mix of teaching approaches.

I am struggling with the Approaches in Study of Religion course at Sophia. The two options of instructors are dry and quite monotone. One seems to be struggling from a cold, as noted by his constant sniffling, so I am so unmotivated to finish this course.
When you choose BALS with no concentration, the UL credits can be all mixed?
(09-30-2020, 10:47 AM)AZDan Wrote: I am finding I prefer Sophia over Study for pace but Study over Sophia for more detailed knowledge. Balancing the two will give you a very good education and give you a good mix of teaching approaches.  

I am struggling with the Approaches in Study of Religion course at Sophia. The two options of instructors are dry and quite monotone. One seems to be struggling from a cold, as noted by his constant sniffling, so I am so unmotivated to finish this course.

You don't have to listen to the instructors. You can just read the text on your own. I read much faster than most people can speak so I tend to read the material instead of listen to it.
(09-30-2020, 12:15 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: When you choose BALS with no concentration, the UL credits can be all mixed?

Yes. The mix is from Humanities and/or Social Sciences (aka Knowledge of Human Cultures gen ed types of courses).  I have a mix of 1 English, 2 Psychs, and 1 SOS (stress management), and 1 AOJ (teex death investigation)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

That sounds so much easier. Wonder if one can find all the UL that have fewer essays. I did a what if and looks like I have more credits in for a BALS with no concentration than what I am working right now. At times it would feel almost just easier to switch.
(09-30-2020, 05:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 05:37 AM)Luka1110 Wrote: Looks amazing! congratulations on completing all those courses. I can see that you got a good amount of credits taken with Sophia. Can Sophia be used in replacement to Study.com? and will TESU accept Sophia credits?

TESU absolutely accepts Sophia credits that have been added to an ACE transcript. If you take everything at Sophia, you'll be able to fulfill most of your GE requirements and a few elective credits as well (depending on what degree you're going for). The only GE requirements that Sophia doesn't cover is the 'Civic Engagement' one. American Government can be taken from InstantCert or elsewhere to fill this gap. If it takes you 4 months to do everything possible at Sophia, that's $316 for around 80 credits.

TESU restricts students to 90 credits from any one source. This means that you cannot get a degree solely with SDC credits. However, the 70-80 credits at Sophia leaves plenty of room for SDC credits.

Amazing! Thanks a lot for clarifying this  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka1110's post:
  • crotique

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch