Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU change to enrollment extension creates a problem for me
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping one of you can figure out the best way to work my way out of this issue I am facing. Both my husband and I are enrolled at TESU under the Comprehensive Tuition Plan, and our last set of classes ends 7/24, with enrollment ending in October. I only have a few more exams to take outside of my TESU courses so I should be on target for graduation this year, but my husband has several courses to finish and with a full time job, I cant be certain he will have everything done, turned in and evaluated before his grace period expires. Originally, my plan was to pay the fee for a 3 month extension, but it seems with the changes TESU recently made, that is no longer an option.

My question is, what is the best way to keep him actively for a month or so past his grace period, short of paying for another year? We are in our final stages here and we really have no use for him to enroll another year, though we could build another few TECEPS into his plan if neccesary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Does he have at least 16 resident credits? Generally the only reason for doing the Comprehensive plan is if you're taking classes, so he should have the 16 resident credits required for residency under the Per Credit Plan. If so, he can just convert to the Per Credit plan and finish up, no problem. Just try to get any actual classes started while he's still in the Comprehensive Plan. I had no problem enrolling in a class just before my comprehensive plan ended and then finishing it after I had converted to Per Credit. You do have to enroll in something to do the change, but it can be a TECEP.

Edit: I don't think they've actually changed anything. From http://www.tesu.edu/tuition/Comprehensiv...n-Plan.cfm (emphasis mine):
Quote:Enrollment Grace Period

All students are provided a thirty day grace period at the end of their current year of service. For example if their enrollment date is August 2, 2015 they have a thirty day grace period that ends on September 1, 2015.
The primary purpose of the grace period is to provide students completing their degrees with time to submit final grades or transcripts for the graduation audit. Students that will not complete their final courses during the grace period will be required to extend their enrollment.
If a student has not renewed or extended their Comprehensive Tuition Plan, or enrolled in a course or exam that will extend their active enrollment under one of the University's per credit tuition plans will become inactive at the end of the grace period. After a student is inactive they will be required to reapply to the University.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Hi, just like Davewill asked, does your husband have 16 credits or will have 16 credits at TESU by the end of his enrollment? If so he'll be fine with their residency. He can switch to the per credit tuition plan and sign up for a TECEP and keep your enrollment active and finish the rest of his requirements. That would be your cheapest option. If not you'll have to pay the $2k residency waiver fee or re-enroll in the comprehensive tuition. Then the waiver would be your cheapest option.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
It sounds like taking the TECEP maybe the cheapest option. If worse comes to worse, he can take the cornerstone.
When it comes out at the end of the month, it maybe an easy 1 credit course & should keep you enrolled for $300.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you guys so much for your help. Yes, he has more than 16 residency credits. We are NJ residents so we enrolled in the comprehensive tuition plan because with some Financial Aid it came out pretty cost effective. He will have the full 36 credits that the plan allows when the current semester ends. I was thinking to have him take a TECEP under the per credit plan while he is still enrolled but wasn't sure if it would actually work that way. For some reason, I was thinking since those were taken under the comprehensive plan, he would need 16 new credits under the per credit plan, I don't know what my rationale was.

So, if he enrolls in a TECEP, say for the September semester, (his enrollment ends 9/29) that would automatically renew his enrollment for another year?

Thanks guys

(What I meant by the change is that they previously had an option to pay $200 something per month to extend your enrollment for up to 3 months, but when the changes happened in April, that option disappeared.)
msd2012 Wrote:...

So, if he enrolls in a TECEP, say for the September semester, (his enrollment ends 9/29) that would automatically renew his enrollment for another year?

Thanks guys

(What I meant by the change is that they previously had an option to pay $200 something per month to extend your enrollment for up to 3 months, but when the changes happened in April, that option disappeared.)

It's not automatic, you have to request to be switched to the Per Credit Plan, then enroll in the TECEP. They made the change for me while I was on the phone with them.

The part I highlighted from the website still mentions extending your comprehensive plan. Why do you think that it isn't still an option?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
msd2012 Wrote:Thank you guys so much for your help. Yes, he has more than 16 residency credits. We are NJ residents so we enrolled in the comprehensive tuition plan because with some Financial Aid it came out pretty cost effective. He will have the full 36 credits that the plan allows when the current semester ends. I was thinking to have him take a TECEP under the per credit plan while he is still enrolled but wasn't sure if it would actually work that way. For some reason, I was thinking since those were taken under the comprehensive plan, he would need 16 new credits under the per credit plan, I don't know what my rationale was.

Thanks guys

Looks like he's good. You'll just have to create a ticket to the registrar telling them you want to change from Comprehensive to Per Credit and sign up for a TECEP. I would wait until your enrollment is close to being done. You still have six months.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
davewill Wrote:It's not automatic, you have to request to be switched to the Per Credit Plan, then enroll in the TECEP. They made the change for me while I was on the phone with them.

The part I highlighted from the website still mentions extending your comprehensive plan. Why do you think that it isn't still an option?

Due to the elimination of the fee back in April I assumed the option to do the three month extension was also eliminated

Quote:Fees:
As of April 1, the following fees will be eliminated: course registration fee, technology services fee, Enrolled Options annual enrollment fee, enrollment extension fee, annual enrollment late fee and the TECEPÂ rescheduling fee.

Either way, thanks to you guys I have a plan moving forward anyway. Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,998 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,741 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,333 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore