Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing)
I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my e-mail this morning and got an e-mail from TESU telling me that my Academic Evaluation has been updated. I wasn't expecting this to happen until 2 more days (which would be exactly 25 business days).

I only sent one ACE transcript and logged in and noticed almost all my credits were applied, except for 2 courses which I do not see in my "other courses" section either. Should I e-mail TESU or are they still in the process of completing the evaluation (despite the e-mail)?
If they sent you a completion notice, and you only ordered one ACE transcript, then it probably wouldn't hurt to email them.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:If they sent you a completion notice, and you only ordered one ACE transcript, then it probably wouldn't hurt to email them.

Ok, thanks. I'll wait until Thursday (25th business day) to e-mail them. I only had 6 courses I was transferring in, so it is strange they didn't evaluate all of them at once. Do you recommend lsc or another department?
Did you read the very bottom of your evaluation? It might explain why those courses are missing.
waitforit Wrote:Did you read the very bottom of your evaluation? It might explain why those courses are missing.

Yes, there were no comments.
Nixi Wrote:Ok, thanks. I'll wait until Thursday (25th business day) to e-mail them. I only had 6 courses I was transferring in, so it is strange they didn't evaluate all of them at once. Do you recommend lsc or another department?

This is what I would recommend as well, wait until Friday to send that email and someone should get back to you on a Monday.
I assume they've not updated everything as they may need to re-verify a few things before updating your evaluation details.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If they have emailed you stating that your eval is complete, I would email them now and ask them where the two classes you mentioned were placed. There really is no need to wait two more days in my opinion.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:If they have emailed you stating that your eval is complete, I would email them now and ask them where the two classes you mentioned were placed. There really is no need to wait two more days in my opinion.

You're right, I've gone ahead and e-mailed them as I don't want to keep speculating whatever is going on in the background and I need to know if the 2 courses will count towards my degree or not.
Nixi Wrote:You're right, I've gone ahead and e-mailed them as I don't want to keep speculating whatever is going on in the background and I need to know if the 2 courses will count towards my degree or not.

If they aren't on your eval at all, then they haven't evaluated them yet. Even if they won't count a course towards your degree, it will show up in the Other Courses area, with a code as to why (I have several that are duplicate, a few over 10 years old so not fitting into my AOS) and then some that will just show up there because you may have more courses than will fit into open slots (I have plenty of free electives and only 6cr available, so a bunch of stuff went to "other courses" because there was no more room to fit them in).

They never just don't list any courses they've evaluated. The do SOMETHING with them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:If they aren't on your eval at all, then they haven't evaluated them yet. Even if they won't count a course towards your degree, it will show up in the Other Courses area, with a code as to why (I have several that are duplicate, a few over 10 years old so not fitting into my AOS) and then some that will just show up there because you may have more courses than will fit into open slots (I have plenty of free electives and only 6cr available, so a bunch of stuff went to "other courses" because there was no more room to fit them in).

They never just don't list any courses they've evaluated. The do SOMETHING with them.

Thanks dfrecore, just wanted to update that you were right. They missed 2 courses, and added them to my evaluation today--one of the two courses duplicated my Business Ethics course (the CPCU insurance ethics was transcribed as PHI-384 instead of PHI-379) but it still showed up in the "Other Courses" section. I have contacted registrar to appeal this course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,973 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,100 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,372 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore