Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Evaluation updated (some credits missing)
Nixi Wrote:Thanks dfrecore, just wanted to update that you were right. They missed 2 courses, and added them to my evaluation today--one of the two courses duplicated my Business Ethics course (the CPCU insurance ethics was transcribed as PHI-384 instead of PHI-379) but it still showed up in the "Other Courses" section. I have contacted registrar to appeal this course.

Yes, lately it looks like the course number for that has been changed, and it is now PHI-384, the same as Business Ethics.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Nixi Wrote:Thanks dfrecore, just wanted to update that you were right. They missed 2 courses, and added them to my evaluation today--one of the two courses duplicated my Business Ethics course (the CPCU insurance ethics was transcribed as PHI-384 instead of PHI-379) but it still showed up in the "Other Courses" section. I have contacted registrar to appeal this course.

Did you have two ethics courses Nixi? I ask because I had one from SL that transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professionals 3 CR. When I took the free insurance one they transcribed that as PHI-379 Issues in Ethics 2 CR and placed it under Other Courses. What is duplicating?
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:Did you have two ethics courses Nixi? I ask because I had one from SL that transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professionals 3 CR. When I took the free insurance one they transcribed that as PHI-379 Issues in Ethics 2 CR and placed it under Other Courses. What is duplicating?

Yes, one is Business Ethics from SL (PHI-384), and the other which I submitted an appeal for is the free CPCU course which is also currently being transcribed as PHI-384.
AngelaP Wrote:Did you have two ethics courses Nixi? I ask because I had one from SL that transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professionals 3 CR. When I took the free insurance one they transcribed that as PHI-379 Issues in Ethics 2 CR and placed it under Other Courses. What is duplicating?

It came in as PHI-384 for me in April and a few other folks have gotten 384 lately. Looks like that is the new go-forward equivalency.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Mine came in as 384 as well, in March. The missing credit was placed under humanities, rather than in the gen-ed electives, which meant I needed another 3cr test/course. :/
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Nixi Wrote:Yes, one is Business Ethics from SL (PHI-384), and the other which I submitted an appeal for is the free CPCU course which is also currently being transcribed as PHI-384.
Are you needing that course to fill something? Just trying to figure why you are appealing. Most people took it to fill the ethics slot and got a waiver for the remaining credit. I took it just because it was free, didn't need it. Not trying to question you to death, just trying to understand. :leaving:
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92

COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
If I remember correctly, Nixi was trying to use Insurance for the gen ed ethics requirement, and the SL business ethics class as a BSBA elective (right?), and now that they're transcribed similarly it's not working out that way
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
AngelaP Wrote:Are you needing that course to fill something? Just trying to figure why you are appealing. Most people took it to fill the ethics slot and got a waiver for the remaining credit. I took it just because it was free, didn't need it. Not trying to question you to death, just trying to understand. :leaving:

I'm already using SL Business Ethics for G. Business in Society/International Management requirement so I'm trying to fulfill the section B. Ethics requirement with the free CPCU course.
Oh I see. Well, hopefully they will be willing to work with you!

COSC - Cornerstone - A

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,289 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore