Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Fin Aid - Capstone/Cornerstone combo one Sem
So I already know the 6cr Full-Time Aid (policy). 

1cr Cornerstone
3cr Capstone

What is a good filler
2cr- Filler 

To maximize spell grant of 6cr. I am assuming a semester is several terms. I hope I can take the courses in different terms and still be considered full time. 

I am still needing to pay the Residency so I really want to make use of Pell grant if I am already qualified for the max.

I also see some people saying starting cornerstone first then after a month or two begin the capstone? How hard is the cornerstone?
Just take a 3 cr class. It's really hard to find less than 3 credits. Much easier to find 3 cr classes.
***************************************************************************************************

BS Organizational Leadership - CSU Global - anticipated graduation February 2021

AAS Business Administration - community college
AS Individual Studies - community college

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology

Sophia - in progress: Introduction to Ethics, Human Biology, Conflict Resolution, Introduction to Statistics, English Composition II

Up next SDC: Business Ethics, Digital Marketing and Advertising, Management Ethics
(07-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Edriveless Wrote: So I already know the 6cr Full-Time Aid (policy). 

1cr Cornerstone
3cr Capstone

What is a good filler
2cr- Filler 

To maximize spell grant of 6cr. I am assuming a semester is several terms. I hope I can take the courses in different terms and still be considered full time. 

I am still needing to pay the Residency so I really want to make use of Pell grant if I am already qualified for the max.

I also see some people saying starting cornerstone first then after a month or two begin the capstone? How hard is the cornerstone?
The cornerstone is 3cr ... the old one was 1 but if you are on the new catalog you take sos 110 which is 3cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes maxxor6868's post:
  • harrypotter
(07-11-2020, 08:34 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Edriveless Wrote: So I already know the 6cr Full-Time Aid (policy). 

1cr Cornerstone
3cr Capstone

What is a good filler
2cr- Filler 

The cornerstone is 3cr ... the old one was 1 but if you are on the new catalog you take sos 110 which is 3cr

Thanks for letting me know about this. I did not know it was 3cr. Is it harder then the 1cr before?
(07-11-2020, 09:10 PM)Edriveless Wrote: Thanks for letting me know about this. I did not know it was 3cr. Is it harder then the 1cr before?

The old cornerstone (TES-100) was 1 credit because it was really just an introduction to the school and how to access resources online. It could be completed in a few hours (or waived by transferring in 104+ credits or being a study.com affiliate).

The new cornerstone (SOS-110) is a proper 3-credit, 15-week course that is used to meet the information literacy GenEd requirement. The cornerstone is now required for all degrees, cannot be transferred in, and cannot be waived (unless you've already earned a bachelor's degree elsewhere and are coming back to TESU for a second degree).

So, yeah as a regular course it will be harder than the old 1cr cornerstone from pre-2018, but any real course would be. From all accounts, SOS-110 is not hard at all, just time-consuming.
In Progress: Researching doctoral programs (part-time remote)
Up Next: Considering going back for a BSCS before starting a Ph.D. in 2021

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2018, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative Capstone - Academic Community Impact scorpion 20 662 Yesterday, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  TESU 16 SH residency fee Lacedonia4 19 903 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last Post: satori
  Is it possible to complete aos and upper level requirements for TESU BACS thru study.com? Pats20 2 39 Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU Ethics with Sophia.org ?? abs_co 9 812 07-31-2020, 10:40 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  How long to get ACE credits added to TESU transcript? rpmranger 9 325 07-31-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Kalpa
  TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? Edriveless 2 124 07-31-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Cornerstone and Capstone Together? Tlm 3 233 07-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Tlm
  SOS110 / Capstone Edriveless 1 172 07-25-2020, 04:52 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU 2nd Degree Policy Dual AOS? natshar 11 415 07-25-2020, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Starting UL TESU will these SDC classes fulfill? Cammilynn 7 266 07-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Cammilynn