Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Final Transcript upon graduation
I aim to graduate in September 2019, and have a few questions about the final TESU transcript:

1. Does the order in which completed course credits appear on my academic evaluation now, also reflect how they will appear in the final transcript upon graduation? I am seeing that they are just arbitrarily shifting around courses, each time I send in a transcript. In a BA-LS with Psychology concentration, there are 12 credits of Liberal studies coursework that forms part of the AOS. TESU seems to be shifting around courses in this section. 

2. Will my final transcript reflect what my AOS was? In which case, I would like my transcript to reveal particular course details in this section. 

Some grad schools require students to calculate their own GPA (both major GPA & overall GPA), in case their transcript does not clearly reflect their GPAs. This is particularly applicable for students who transferred in credits from different sources. So, it is expected of students to send all those original transcripts along with a self-calculated GPA. With this in mind, I focused a lot on some courses, which I wanted to be part of my AOS. I wanted to make sure I have a very good major GPA. 

During a job search as well, some companies appreciate it if you state your major GPA & overall GPA on your resume. 

How do I address this with TESU? Or does it matter at all?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
On my TESU transcript courses are first grouped by source, then chronologically. There is no indication whether a particular course was even applied to my degree program. The only grades and GPA on the transcript is the one made up of my TESU courses. Grades are not shown for any of the transfer courses. My degree is listed as "Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Arts Area of Study: Computer Science Date Conferred: 06/2016"
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks Dave. I understand TESU will not state the GPA on my transcript, other than the Capstone. Will the transcript not even state which courses were part of the AOS?

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(03-04-2019, 12:13 PM)Supermind Wrote: Thanks Dave. I understand TESU will not state the GPA on my transcript, other than the Capstone. Will the transcript not even state which courses were part of the AOS?

Correct. It just lists all of the courses, and states you earned the degree. There is no indication of what role the course had in your degree or even if it did.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Ok. Good to know.

Same thing on mine.  It lists:

TRANSFER CREDITS
CC 1
lists all courses taken, # of credits

CC 2

4-yr school 1

4-yr school 2

ASSESSMENT CREDITS

TESU-ACE
lists all courses, CR, and # of credits

TESU-DSST

TESU-CLEP

TESU-NCCRS

INSTITUTIONAL CREDITS
Lists all of my TECEP's by Term, CR, # of credits
Each term has Term GPA: N/A, Cumulative GPA: N/A listed underneath.

Then lists my Capstone, with the grade, # of credits, GPA, and Cumulative GPA (same)

Nothing says how the credits were applied to the degree at all.  But I've seen many transcripts, and they are all the same in terms of listing courses, but not showing how they apply to the degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does Excelsior or Charter Oak document GPA on their transcripts?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch