Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Frustated Rant
I have only taken three courses directly from TESU and I am starting to remember why. I logged in today to get everything ready for the proctored final only to find out the link on the Moodle page is broken. I am taking auditing ACC-411 and the course has been a nightmare. There is far too much information covered for one semester. Stressed and expecting to get a C in the course I was looking forward to getting the final completed so I could focus on my Intermediate Accounting II final due at the end of the week. Now I can look forward to two finals on Friday.  Angry 

I love TESU transfer flexibility, but if I had it to do over I would avoid them like the plague.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Avoiding taking courses there is the key to your problem. Why not just take them somewhere cheaper??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • UptonSinclair
I've learned to avoid taking courses at non-traditional schools. They tend to require a lot of busy work.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • studiousimp, udi, UptonSinclair
After a very frustrating morning I am happy to report that TESU resolved the problem quickly and ProctorU allowed me to reschedule for immediate testing once the problem was resolved. Most of my anxiety came from the quantity of information contained in the auditing course and a disruption of my plan. I am getting old and cranky. 

In regards to cheaper alternatives, I agree there are better options. I am trying to improve my transcripts by having more courses from the issuing institution. At least that was the plan before this session. Next week I start a government accounting course at APUS. I have my complaints with them as well, but the cost is almost half as much as TESU. Thankfully, there is light at the end of the tunnel. After my midterm on Friday, I only have two classes left to finish the second degree. There will be no Master's degree in my future. I don't have the people skills or emotional maturity for management.

Thank you for putting up with my tantrums Degreeforums folks. Smile

The Useful Information:
If you are schedule for an exam at TESU, be sure to verify you can get to the exam launch page well before you are scheduled to take the exam. If you receive an error, call the support number at TESU and ask them to have a look. They were able to fix something on the back end for me in less than 3 minutes.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch