Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU GPA, how many courses
(04-05-2019, 08:56 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 08:00 PM)contactuj Wrote: If we plan for Masters at some other university, will TESU GPA with just 2 courses work?
I was advised by the registrar office to take atleast 16 credits and have my residency waiver fee waived.
They advised me to have my Area of Study courses taken at TESU.
I would like to keep my cost at a minimum, but also have plans to do MS from a different university.
Need advice from someone who did undergrad at TESU and had a hassle free grads admission

As has been stated multiple times, if you're concerned you should always check what the program admission requirements are for the specific degree you're interested in. They will state if there are specific degree requirements, course requirement, GPA requirements, or anything else you need before you apply. Once you have that information you can work backward to create (or modify) your degree plan and courses to meet those requirements.

Not all schools are competitive or have strict requirements. I'm in an MBA program right now and I only have a handful of graded credits on my transcript (I have 3 courses from CC level at a 3.0 GPA plus 1 course from TESU at a 4.0 GPA). But I meet the other requirements because of my degree and work experience.

Once I finish this degree, my plan is to apply to the Georgia Tech Masters in CS program or move onto a Ph.D. program in management. I think my chances are pretty good since in addition to the undergrad degrees (and the MBA I'll have at that point), I also have a great resume with 30 years of experience, many notable achievements, plus great references. The latter items will probably factor higher into the chances of my admission than my academic credentials, which are just the checkbox needed to qualify to apply in the first place.

In any case, admissions to highly competitive schools is all about the total package. Graded credits, GPA, and GRE/GMAT/LSAT scores are only part of the equation. The rest is all about the applicant, their background/resume, references, and how convincing they can be to the admissions team that they will add value to the student body.

Thanks for that insight! I am researching on the univesities that I intend to apply. Will look into their requirements.
(04-05-2019, 08:00 PM)contactuj Wrote: If we plan for Masters at some other university, will TESU GPA with just 2 courses work?
I was advised by the registrar office to take atleast 16 credits and have my residency waiver fee waived.
I would like to keep my cost at a minimum, but also have plans to do MS from a different university.
Need advice from someone who did undergrad at TESU and had a hassle free grads admission

I took a few courses with TESU but have a wide range of credit that is clearly visible on my transcript.  I have been accepted to every MS/MA program I have applied and just recently went through the most intensive application process of my life at USC for a doctorate program and was accepted.  Do what makes sense, do the best you can, and I think for most programs it will work out.
[-] The following 4 users Like JBjunior's post:
  • contactuj, Ideas, Muldoon, StudentOLife
(04-06-2019, 06:24 PM)JBjunior Wrote:

I took a few courses with TESU but have a wide range of credit that is clearly visible on my transcript.  I have been accepted to every MS/MA program I have applied and just recently went through the most intensive application process of my life at USC for a doctorate program and was accepted.  Do what makes sense, do the best you can, and I think for most programs it will work out.
What field are you in, may I ask? Will this work for a science field like CS?
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,330 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 305 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 424 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az