Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Gen Ed: Oral Communication when DEAF
I think it would be cool if you did a sign language presentation instead!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
(09-08-2020, 07:35 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I think it would be cool if you did a sign language presentation instead!

That would be cool! My sign is absolutely terrible. My parents (hearing) were super against me learning it, as they wanted me to learn to speak. I speak in a slurred voice. With modern technology and a recent surgery my hearing is slowly coming back but, it isn't to the point where I can follow a rubric and "speak clearly and properly" requirements.

I could ask them if I could lip sync and use Stephen Hawking's voice hahaha
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • dfrecore, ss20ts
TESU formally admitted me today. However, the mentor/advisor I was assigned is working on getting this requirement completely waived Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jcooke, ss20ts
(09-09-2020, 10:06 PM)ashkir Wrote: TESU formally admitted me today. However, the mentor/advisor I was assigned is working on getting this requirement completely waived Smile

That's great news!
TESU agreed to waive the class, if a licensed medical professional can attest with their credentials that I am unable to do the oral communication class Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-10-2020, 10:51 PM)ashkir Wrote: TESU agreed to waive the class, if a licensed medical professional can attest with their credentials that I am unable to do the oral communication class Smile

Great! That is what I expected they would do. Smile Hopefully it won't be hard to get that certification with everything going on with Covid, etc.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(09-10-2020, 10:51 PM)ashkir Wrote: TESU agreed to waive the class, if a licensed medical professional can attest with their credentials that I am unable to do the oral communication class Smile

That should be a piece of cake. This really is great news for you! I'm happy they were accommodating and you didn't have to fight for this.
Keep in mind even with the waiver you still need those make up the 3 credits; likely they will require 3 more in gen ed.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

ashkir Wrote:TESU agreed to waive the class, if a licensed medical professional can attest with their credentials that I am unable to do the oral communication class Smile

That's great! You would need to take a 3 credit course in its place. Find a course at Sophia.org, InstantCertCredit, or another option, I would still recommend doing the Presentation Skills in the Workplace as that course probably is one of the easiest/fastest/shortest classes at Study.com or if you're into history, the HIS 108 - History of the Vietnam War course is amazing as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes they'll require me to take another 3 Gen Ed. Which is easy cause there's a lot of them out there. And I kind of wanted to take another class that wouldn't even have fit int omy degree plan so I guess I can now Big Grin

ALSO! Because of my heart transplant the ADA accomndation allows me to get extended time for free, and allows me to not participate in discussions and not get marked negatively for them
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Merlin, rachel83az, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,488 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 597 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 496 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 518 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,320 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27