Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Gen Ed: Oral Communication when DEAF
(11-12-2020, 01:32 PM)ashkir Wrote: TESU is refusing to budge on it, even the removal. The dean flat out said no they won't accept it. I am filing an official ADA complaint with the federal government. They are a university that receives public funding and they are required by title 8 to provide these options.

I thought TESU offered you the COM-210 Public Relations, Thought and Practice TECEP? What was the issue with this course?

Also, what is Title VIII? I thought the ADA had only five titles? Has this changed?
Just so everyone is aware. The ADA lady, Laura is fantastic. It's the Dean that is giving the ADA department a hard time.

(11-12-2020, 03:02 PM)innen_oda Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 01:32 PM)ashkir Wrote: TESU is refusing to budge on it, even the removal. The dean flat out said no they won't accept it. I am filing an official ADA complaint with the federal government. They are a university that receives public funding and they are required by title 8 to provide these options.

I thought TESU offered you the COM-210 Public Relations, Thought and Practice TECEP? What was the issue with this course?

Also, what is Title VIII? I thought the ADA had only five titles? Has this changed?
Sorry I meant Civil Rights title, etc. There is an ofifical form for the Department of Justice Civil Rights division to file discrimination against hard of heaaring. Which I did.

Com 210 was one of the 3 options. And they did offer COM-210, but they are also required to offer a "class choice" or a full waiver in addition to it. Which they both required public speaking. COM210 is just an exam, which they have to offer an alternative to in addition to learning it in addition.
So after I filed the official complaint with the DOJ; TESU took it seriously and finally gave me a real waiver after some back and forth. I had to tell them I was about to follow up with a lawyer. Fastest responses I’ve ever seen from them. They’re in saving as mode. I got an email from the head of the ADA department apologizing that the dean didn’t understand university policy and the law correctly.

They gave me the waiver. Just took two months and the department of justice lol
So an update on this. TESU is backtracking a lot. I'm getting a lot of apologies from multiple people at TESU. They are bending over backwards now. But I decided to withdraw anyways. TESU even offered me extra time in the terms too lol

When I asked for legal help that they are obligated to give me 2 months ago they should've done it, instead of me having to file an official government complaint. It's a shame I already spent about $300 on TESU.

The University of Maine (UMPI) who I applied to I asked before my application process and they were on it, 100% with a plan to tackle the loss of hearing immediately.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Muldoon, rachel83az, ss20ts
(11-21-2020, 05:16 PM)ashkir Wrote: So an update on this. TESU is backtracking a lot. I'm getting a lot of apologies from multiple people at TESU. They are bending over backwards now. But I  decided to withdraw anyways. TESU even offered me extra time in the terms too lol

When I asked for legal help that they are obligated to give me 2 months ago they should've done it, instead of me having to file an official government complaint. It's a shame I already spent about $300 on TESU.

The University of Maine (UMPI) who I applied to I asked before my application process and they were on it, 100% with a plan to tackle the loss of hearing immediately.

It's good to know that there's a school willing to bend over backwards to help right from the start.  I imagine this will come up again, and we know where to send people.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-21-2020, 05:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 05:16 PM)ashkir Wrote: So an update on this. TESU is backtracking a lot. I'm getting a lot of apologies from multiple people at TESU. They are bending over backwards now. But I  decided to withdraw anyways. TESU even offered me extra time in the terms too lol

It's good to know that there's a school willing to bend over backwards to help right from the start.  I imagine this will come up again, and we know where to send people.

I agree. I also researched alternatives for when the schools aren't helping, just in case.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...mondations

Davar is by far the most accommodating of the alternative credits.
Just wanted to share an update almost forgot about it! I decided to go with UMPI because of how amazing they've been.

For TESU -- They finally granted the waiver, way later after I filed a Department of Justice ADA violation. Their school contacted me and the Dean contacted me with a personal apology granting the waiver. It took four months to get TESU to obey federal law. The ADA office tried hard, but the deans didn't give a shit about the law. However, with the DOJ complaint, they changed tune completely, as the DOJ took action against the school. They started backtracking a lot after I filed the complaint at the two month mark.
I had a conversation with the Assistant United States District Attorney personally today from the Biden Administration. They're pursuing an investigation for discrimination against TESU.
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • AllThose299s, Library2HospitalChaplain, ss20ts, TINASAM
Just email them and tell them about your situation. They have to be accommodating. Just an idea, you can always take that class at a local community college, they have to provide an interpreter for free, and transfer the class into TESU.
(04-21-2021, 12:41 PM)Jesus is Lord Wrote: Just email them and tell them about your situation. They have to be accommodating. Just an idea, you can always take that class at a local community college, they have to provide an interpreter for free, and transfer the class into TESU.

ashkir did. TESU did not. And, due to the situation at the time, taking an in-person class was wholly inappropriate for ashkir. UMPI did much better in this regard.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 30 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 271 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch