Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Gen. Ed. requirements
I'm taking the SL Intro to Religion course, but I'm planning on transferring my credits to TESU (pursuing a BA in Psych) and I'm wondering if this will still fulfill the Information Literacy requirement. I saw in past posts on this forum that others have been able to use the course to satisfy this requirement, but I also see that TESU has changed their gen. ed course requirements as of January 2019.

I was originally using this page (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ly_1,_2015) as a reference for fulfilling gen ed. requirements, but I worry that this may be outdated. Does anyone know if the SL course is sufficient? Also, any help on how to figure this out for myself would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's still possible to (mostly) test out of TESU's BA in Psych program since gen. ed. requirements have changed?
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
That wiki is incorrect now information literacy must be filled through a specific course at TESU sos-110. January 2019 they changed it you are correct on that.

At this time no other requirements have changed from the link you listed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ab10365
(05-21-2020, 07:24 AM)natshar Wrote: That wiki is incorrect now information literacy must be filled through a specific course at TESU sos-110. January 2019 they changed it you are correct on that.

At this time no other requirements have changed from the link you listed.

Thank you for such a quick response! Do you know the intro to religion course will satisfy any other gen. ed. requirement? I'm hoping I didn't waste my money and take this course for no reason  Sad
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
Yes Religions meets the global understanding one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ab10365
You could take the TESU sos-110 & capstone together once you have 100 credits.

General ed courses are easy super cheap to get. You can get all of them using only Sophia and Instantcert.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 50 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 271 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch