Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU General Ed Electives, Transfer Limits
Hi there,

I'm planning on taking Abstract Algebra through Westcott Courses while enrolled in a program at TESU, and then have the credits transfer from Westcott to TESU when I'm finished. Is that possible - that is, to transfer a course to TESU partially-through the program? Or must all transfers be done before you start the program?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mike
Hi,
Yes you can transfer a course to TESU at any point in the program. See this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Evaluation

Hope this helps,

LevelingUp
I know that TESU is not great with the Westcott/Brandman courses, I would check first to make sure they will accept it. They won't take Calc III from them, so I'd be careful.

APU/AMU has UL math courses, that may be a better bet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
When contacting TESU, make sure that you don't mention Westcott at all. Only mention Brandman. If you mention Westcott, they will get confused and automatically tell you no because Westcott is neither ACE nor is it a school. But the transcript will say Brandman and not mention Westcott at all.

That said, there's no Abstract Algebra here but maybe one of these would work if they don't accept Brandman: https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/extended...index.html
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-18-2021, 12:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote: When contacting TESU, make sure that you don't mention Westcott at all. Only mention Brandman. If you mention Westcott, they will get confused and automatically tell you no because Westcott is neither ACE nor is it a school. But the transcript will say Brandman and not mention Westcott at all.

That said, there's no Abstract Algebra here but maybe one of these would work if they don't accept Brandman: https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/extended...index.html

Wow, thank you so much for the excellent insight and the link. Do you know if West Texas' Calculus III exam transfers as an UL?

I can't thank you all enough. Really.
(03-18-2021, 12:44 PM)mweichert Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 12:37 PM)rachel83az Wrote: When contacting TESU, make sure that you don't mention Westcott at all. Only mention Brandman. If you mention Westcott, they will get confused and automatically tell you no because Westcott is neither ACE nor is it a school. But the transcript will say Brandman and not mention Westcott at all.

Wow, thank you so much for the excellent insight and the link. Do you know if West Texas' Calculus III exam transfers as an UL?

It's UL at WTAMU, and it's UL at TESU, so you should be good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-18-2021, 01:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 12:44 PM)mweichert Wrote:

It's UL at WTAMU, and it's UL at TESU, so you should be good.

Where can we see the cost for each self paced course?

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
3 credits are $699. 4 credits are $935. https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/extended...-here.html
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,064 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 553 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 541 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU degree planning advice or other options needthisdegree 11 646 12-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr