Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU General Requirement Courses
We’re on track for the BSBA General Management Degree with Study.com for TESU. Just wondering if TESU will transfer in the study.com classes Vietnam and Civil War under the General education requirements? I know they qualify as history classes but I didn’t know if when transferring in the class would have to match up with a class offered at TESU to count for credit? My son just finished the Communications 120 class. Now I’m wondering if TESU has an equivalent for that class in order to be transferred in as well?

Basically, I wasn’t sure if TESU would accept any elective classes in the general section and the two free electives or if the classes had to match a class offered at TESU in order to transfer. Thanks
When TESU evaluated my Communications course it went to free electives. I read on a thread that it fits for some people in the oral Communications spot (I already had that filled with a different course.) I haven't finished the history course you asked about yet, so I'm not sure where it woukd go.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

You do not have to match up courses to TESU courses. We know the course equivalencies for all of the Study.com courses, and where they will fit. They will take all kinds of courses, even if they don't offer the same course themselves.

To answer your question, yes, those courses will fit into Knowledge of Human Cultures, or GE Electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you. That’s great news.

Also, under Natural Sciences, since only 4 credits are needed, would the Biology w/Lab (4 credits) offered at Study.com be enough for that or would I need to take two (3 hour credit) sciences as listed in the example?
For the Natural Science I took biology with lab and it fulfilled it.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(01-23-2019, 10:21 AM)Acam10 Wrote: Thank you. That’s great news.

Also, under Natural Sciences, since only 4 credits are needed, would the Biology w/Lab (4 credits) offered at Study.com be enough for that or would I need to take two (3 hour credit) sciences as listed in the example?

You need between 4-7cr, so a single 4cr course would work, or 2 3cr courses would work as well.

You also have the option (at TESU) of using computer science as a natsci, so Intro to computers or something along those lines would also work.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks. So Biology would count for a Natural Science right? Somewhere I read it needed to be a “non-living” Science but that doesn’t seem right to me and might have been wrong info? I just wanted to make sure it hadn’t changed recently. (Thanks Royisagirl too. Just wanna make sure)
(01-23-2019, 10:45 AM)Acam10 Wrote: Thanks. So Biology would count for a Natural Science right? Somewhere I read it needed to be a “non-living” Science but that doesn’t seem right to me and might have been wrong info? I just wanted to make sure it hadn’t changed recently. (Thanks Royisagirl too. Just wanna make sure)

TESU will take ALL science courses there - I can't even imagine what they wouldn't take.

And I've never heard the terms "living" or "non-living" science to describe any of this.  I've heard "physical" vs. "biological", but not the other.
Ok thanks!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 764 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 237 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 366 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP