Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Graduation
1.       Review your academic evaluation through Online Student Services to verify that you are within a few credits of degree completion and that your TESU GPA is above a 2.0. The credits remaining should be in progress with TESU and/or in the process of being transferred into the University from any outside institutions you are attending.

2.       Make one final advising appointment with your Academic Advisor by scheduling time through the My Edison Portal.

Is this really necessary? I don't even know who my academic advisor even is, I was never really in contact with anyone in particular, except for calling in a couple of times.

3.       Pass your Capstone, Practicum or equivalent course for your program with a C or better.  A C- is not acceptable.

4.       Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment before applying for graduation.

Do you pay the residency waiver fee when you apply for graduation below or is that coordinated before going through that online process? They send you a payment link or something?

5.       Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee through Online Student Services. There is a $332 graduation fee due at the time you apply.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(02-28-2019, 06:34 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: 1.       Review your academic evaluation through Online Student Services to verify that you are within a few credits of degree completion and that your TESU GPA is above a 2.0. The credits remaining should be in progress with TESU and/or in the process of being transferred into the University from any outside institutions you are attending.

2.       Make one final advising appointment with your Academic Advisor by scheduling time through the My Edison Portal.

Is this really necessary? I don't even know who my academic advisor even is, I was never really in contact with anyone in particular, except for calling in a couple of times.

3.       Pass your Capstone, Practicum or equivalent course for your program with a C or better.  A C- is not acceptable.

4.       Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment before applying for graduation.

Do you pay the residency waiver fee when you apply for graduation below or is that coordinated before going through that online process? They send you a payment link or something?

5.       Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee through Online Student Services. There is a $332 graduation fee due at the time you apply.

No, you don't need to speak with an academic advisor. In fact, I never spoke to an academic advisor once during my entire degree process. I did open tickets to ask advising questions or to make changes here and there, but that is it.

You must pay the residency waiver fee before your degree audit occurs or it could potentially delay your graduation. It is recommended to pay it around the same time that you apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee. It is not automatic and they don't remind you. You'll need to call and pay over the phone, or submit a ticket to the bursar's office and ask for a link to be sent.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
When you go on the grad application, it only lets you select one degree, are they going to send both degrees automatically? (BA & AA)

Choose One Eligible Programs Degrees Certificates Catalog Majors Minors Date Applied

BA.LIBST BA in Liberal Studies

BA

LIS

AA.GEN Associate in Arts

AA

LAG
Credits:
(03-01-2019, 11:00 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: When you go on the grad application, it only lets you select one degree, are they going to send both degrees automatically? (BA & AA)

Choose One Eligible Programs Degrees Certificates Catalog Majors Minors Date Applied

BA

LIS

AA.GEN Associate in Arts

AA

LAG

You choose the Bachelor and then email them to add the Associates to the graduation application.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-01-2019, 01:14 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 11:00 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: When you go on the grad application, it only lets you select one degree, are they going to send both degrees automatically? (BA & AA)

BA

LIS

AA.GEN Associate in Arts

AA

LAG

You choose the Bachelor and then email them to add the Associates to the graduation application.
Never mind, there is actually a section at the top written in blue that I missed, says to fill out your associate degree there after applying for the BA 

Second Degree Program Area of Study (for example: Associate of Arts and Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Arts in Music and Art - file first application through online student services, and the second here)

I wish I looked into getting a certificate as well months back. I could get the Human Resources certificate with 3 more courses, but too late at this point.

I don't seem to receive many credits when I do an evaluation for the other available certificates.
Credits:
(03-01-2019, 02:03 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I wish I looked into getting a certificate as well months back. I could get the Human Resources certificate with 3 more courses, but too late at this point.

I don't seem to receive many credits when I do an evaluation for the other available certificates.

It's probably not too late if you think you could finish those courses by mid-May.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Why do they ask for this to be filled out?

Supplemental Graduation Information
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/su...nformation

Asks for your employment info.. but doesn't make it a mandatory field.
Other than my name, email, and uni ID, I am not giving them anything new...
Credits:
(03-04-2019, 07:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Why do they ask for this to be filled out?

I'm pretty sure that is to make sure that your contact information and name is accurate at the time of graduation. People can always move and forget to update their records with TESU. I also assume that this contact information is used later when they hit you up for alumni donations. There may be other alumni-related uses for the information as well.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(03-05-2019, 02:09 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 07:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Why do they ask for this to be filled out?

I'm pretty sure that is to make sure that your contact information and name is accurate at the time of graduation. People can always move and forget to update their records with TESU. I also assume that this contact information is used later when they hit you up for alumni donations. There may be other alumni-related uses for the information as well.

I think it is for alumni donation soliciting to employers, doesn't ask for my personal address, just employment. Weird. 

The actual grad application and OSS is for your updated contact info.
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 733 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch