Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA GM Degree Plan help.
Please help me with my remaining classes/courses needed to finish my degree at TESU BSBA GM.  I switched over to study.com taking Principles of Finance since I took most my courses from SL so far.  I'll be taking the Englsih Comp 1, Technical Writing, Intro to Comparative Politics, Computer Concepts and Applications using TECEP and BUS 421 Capstone in June.  I will need 3 more TECEP classes (English Comp 2, Lib Arts Math and ?) to fulfill my 24 credits residency.  Study.com pace is so much slower than SL and it takes some getting used to.  I feel like its such a drag lol...... Currently registered at ALEKS to ATTEMPT more math credits.  I'm trying to push for Dec graduation. Thank you very much for all your help on this forum! You guys rock!

Classes I've taken so far
Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (online course) 

Developing Effective Teams 

Accounting I* 

Accounting II* 

American Government* 

Business Communication* 

Business Law* 

Business Statistics 

Cultural Anthropology* 

Financial Accounting 

Information Technology Fundamentals 

Introduction to Criminal Justice 

Introduction to Environmental Science* 

Introduction to Religion* 

Introduction to Sociology* 

Macroeconomics* 

Managerial Accounting 

Microeconomics* 

Organizational Behavior* 

Principles of Management* 

United States History I* 

United States History II* 

Western Civilization I* 

Western Civilization II* 

College Algebra 3 credits  APU
Nutrition 101 3 credits  Weber State
Psychology 3 credits Weber State
Are you under the 2015 catalog?  If so, then yes you'll be able to fulfill your residency through TECEP's (and you only need 16cr).  If you aren't, then you have to pay the residency waiver.

The last I saw, IT Fundamentals comes in as CIS-107, which duplicates the Computer Concepts TECEP, so I wouldn't take that TECEP.  Take Technical Comm instead, as it will count for your speech requirement.

Also, I just looked, and I made you a spreadsheet on May 3 with the same info you just gave.  Did you not look at it?  Here it is with the updates.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-28-2018, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you under the 2015 catalog?  If so, then yes you'll be able to fulfill your residency through TECEP's (and you only need 16cr).  If you aren't, then you have to pay the residency waiver.

The last I saw, IT Fundamentals comes in as CIS-107, which duplicates the Computer Concepts TECEP, so I wouldn't take that TECEP.  Take Technical Comm instead, as it will count for your speech requirement.

Also, I just looked, and I made you a spreadsheet on May 3 with the same info you just gave.  Did you not look at it?  Here it is with the updates.
Thank you again dfrecore for your quick response. I fall under Militay Degree Completion Plan that needs 24 credit residency requirement.  I'm not sure if you remember me, but we exchanged messages a few times asking you for advice about my student status at TESU.  I was accepted beginning of May this year, so most likely, I fall under the most current catalog. Thank you for your help. You weren't able to send spreadsheet degree plan through PM. I can't see the updated attachment either. Am I doing something wrong? I'm such a noob when it comes to this forum. Forgive me as this is my first post.
(05-28-2018, 09:57 PM)keokat Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 09:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Are you under the 2015 catalog?  If so, then yes you'll be able to fulfill your residency through TECEP's (and you only need 16cr).  If you aren't, then you have to pay the residency waiver.

Thank you again dfrecore for your quick response. I fall under Militay Degree Completion Plan that needs 24 credit residency requirement.  I'm not sure if you remember me, but we exchanged messages a few times asking you for advice about my student status at TESU.  I was accepted beginning of May this year so most likely I fall under the most current catalog. Thank you for your help.

Ah, yes, then you can use TECEP's for residency, and you'll need 7 TECEP's plus the capstone.

I can't always remember everyone I PM with, as I get a lot of messages and the old brain doesn't keep everything as it used to.  But I could see that I'd made a plan for you quite recently.

I would do English I & II, Tech Comm (speech), App Math, Compar Politics, and 2 ones you think will be easy for Free Electives.

For Study.com, since you're doing Prin of Finance, you might want to also do Corporate Finance.  It's UL, and there will be some overlap there.  Same with Marketing - do Intro to Marketing, then another 1 or 2 UL Marketing courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you! You always come through!!! I appreciate your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,004 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,675 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,226 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,668 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,608 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,396 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic