Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Graduation Audit Timeline & Missing course
For those that might have this same problem:

I applied for June graduation, and finished my capstone in January.  I had 1 final course to complete, which I did, and requested the Study.com transcript be sent to TESU earlier this week (after I got the ACE email stating that the course was on my ACE transcript, since I can't see my status on Study.com  Angry).

Then yesterday, I received an email from TESU stating that my graduation audit had been completed, and they couldn't certify that I had all of my courses done, so they were pushing it back to September!!  Yikes!

So, I immediately sent an email to Academic Advising (email was in the audit letter), and got an email that said I got a case #.  This morning, I received an email saying my case has been resolved, and that they are extending the deadline to May 25.  Not as much time as I'd like, considering Study.com has to mail the transcript, TESU has to receive it, and post it to my account - but I think I will be fine.

Anyway, for those that are close to graduation, and want a timeline for June Graduation:

May 16 - received graduation audit letter
May 25 - extended deadline to get final transcripts in
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, MSK9, Paramedic12
My initial audit on April 10th showed I was missing the capstone. The email stated I would be audited it again on May 29th to be certified for the June graduation. It also said:
"Please notify us immediately at registrar@tesu.edu when the issue(s) mentioned above is resolved. We will audit your file once more for the current graduation date approximately two weeks before the actual date of graduation."

My capstone grade was entered last week so I am hoping all works out. I added an AA in Criminal Justice at the last minute and requested updated transcripts from two schools. One has been received although it has not been evaluated. The other is still in the wind. Finger crossed it is received in time. At a minimum,I am hoping I get certified for the Bachelor's.
I wonder why you got May 29th, but I got May 25th? Doesn't seem fair...
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-18-2018, 09:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I wonder why you got May 29th, but I got May 25th? Doesn't seem fair...

Not sure why the difference. The holiday weekend means that Tuesday the 29th is the first work day after the 25th. If the info wasn't received by the 25th, I'm not sure if the extra closed days would help. I sent a transcript almost two weeks ago and as of Friday they claimed to have not received it. While maybe it could have been delivered on Friday or Saturday, I'm not sure how often they input the transcripts received. I would imagine it could be stuck in some mailroom somewhere.
I think that they told me the 16th following my initial audit. This makes me laugh.
Update: I sent the ACE transcript anyway, and then they ended up getting the Study.com transcript on the 25th and I show 120 units completed, and my degree finished. I also received an email letting me know that they certified me for graduation, so I'm good.

I had decided that if they didn't certify me, that I was going to add a Marketing concentration, and Accounting, Psych & Ops Management certs just to annoy them. Thankfully, they saved me from myself!
[-] The following 4 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, MrBossmanJr, mudball, Nixi
(05-28-2018, 12:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Update: I sent the ACE transcript anyway, and then they ended up getting the Study.com transcript on the 25th and I show 120 units completed, and my degree finished. I also received an email letting me know that they certified me for graduation, so I'm good.

I had decided that if they didn't certify me, that I was going to add a Marketing concentration, and Accounting, Psych & Ops Management certs just to annoy them. Thankfully, they saved me from myself!

Congrats!!!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! Glad they got you in.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,933 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,032 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,298 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,328 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore