Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Guided Study vs. Online Class
I'm curious to know which format you guys prefer for TESU courses.  The guided study courses sound good to me because I don't have to worry about deadlines, but I'm wondering if the online courses have an advantage I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the info!
I'm taking the GS Capstone for the BSBA right now, and there ARE deadlines. A paper is due every Sunday for 12 weeks.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-05-2017, 09:26 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm taking the GS Capstone for the BSBA right now, and there ARE deadlines.  A paper is due every Sunday for 12 weeks.

Ah... Well, yuck!  I guess the online option might be better in that case.  Hmmmmm.
The only thing the GS courses seem to do is turn the easy points from the "online discussions" (where you seem to get points just by showing up -- no matter how bad your posts are), into more formal writings prompts that are graded like a normal assignment.

As far as I can tell, that's the only difference, and I can't see there ever being a good reason to go that route.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • davewill, Silly_Me
(10-05-2017, 09:48 AM)jsd Wrote: The only thing the GS courses seem to do is turn the easy points from the "online discussions" (where you seem to get points just by showing up -- no matter how bad your posts are), into more formal writings prompts that are graded like a normal assignment.

As far as I can tell, that's the only difference, and I can't see there ever being a good reason to go that route.

That's my experience as well, having taken both kinds. Some people seem really allergic to doing the blog posts, but they never took more than a few minutes for me, (similar to writing something here) and while there's a due date, you can do them any time before that.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
This is exactly what i ended up doing, I had six total and ended up knocking them out on a weekend day and it didn't take me any longer than an hour. Then later as other folks started to do their I made sure to reply to a few of theirs.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

ah i see is this for the BSBA capstone?

going by what dfrecore posted from my thread.
for the BSBA GS capstone there is 5 discussion assignments that needs to be written in a form of a short essay form. Each assignment is a short form essay for 1 questions. the first discussion assignment looks like 2 questions in short form essays vs 1. so total of 6 short form essays + 7 case study total. its a lot of writing indeed. It is all due by the end of each week. some weeks u have 1 essay to write some 2 essays. You also have to start writing your finals in the middle of the semester. + readings

atm theres is no one taking a BSBA Online capstone so no info there on comparing the amount of work.
heres the online syllabus preview http://www2.tesc.edu/syllabus/current/BU...S-421.html

the gs syllabus is posted by dfrecore here
http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...#pid243671
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(10-05-2017, 04:55 PM)BearEDU Wrote: atm theres is no one taking a BSBA Online capstone so no info there on comparing the amount of work.

You can just look at the syllabus. 

http://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/BU...S-421.html

Ah, you edited in the syllabus before I got my post in. Never mind me.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Lol all good im here thinking as well.. how many pages was the finals when u guys did it?
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
(10-05-2017, 09:48 AM)jsd Wrote: The only thing the GS courses seem to do is turn the easy points from the "online discussions" (where you seem to get points just by showing up -- no matter how bad your posts are), into more formal writings prompts that are graded like a normal assignment.

I just really hate the writing and responding to the forum posts - so they're not really easy to me - they feel forced, and I have to come up with stuff to say, then respond, and if people don't write stuff in a timely manner, then I have to wait...  I'd rather just write a quick paragraph on the question he asks.  Easy peasy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 12,358 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,128 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,665 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,743 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,361 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic