Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU History UL options
I'm interested in completing this courses. Has anyone done a detailed calculation of the costs?

I tried to make an estimate:

1. Capstone, plus fees for transferring credit: ~3,706, based on TESC's cost calculator, out-of-state.
  2. Historical Methods/Historiography: $860 + $10 for transcripts.
  3. Study.com courses (x4): $796, assuming 1 month per course.
  4. DSST exams (x2): $220.
  5. Shmoop courses (x1): $87.68, assuming 1 month per course.
  6. Coopersmith courses (x1): $150.
  7. CSU Global courses (x1): $250.
My estimated prices come out to a total of $6079.68, with the assumption that the per monthly courses can be completed within a month. Assuming everything other than the capstone is 3 credits, that is $196/credit, which must be close to the cost of a more traditional route. Is there any way to bring down TESC's costs?
With TESU's Study.com partnership, the capstone is going to cost you $1098. I'm not sure where you're getting $3700, even if you have to pay for some transcripts to be mailed over.

Study.com allows you to do two courses a month with their plan, and it's easily doable. That cuts your cost in half there. If you're fast, you can add additional courses per month for $70 each, but how doable that is depends on your style. 2 is not a problem though.

I haven't taken Shmoop courses, but from the feedback I've seen here you can easily speed through those as well.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Where can I find about the tuition discount for Study.com? I searched, but can't find mentions of it anywhere. I calculated $3706 by using the course calculator. It listed tons of fees.

I word 65 hours/week, so I don't know if I can manage to complete the Study.com courses very quickly. Is there any estimate of the number of hours needed to complete these?
Study.com discount: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/index.cfm

That number is pretty close to right, maybe a touch high. However, you won't find it any cheaper taking it all from a an RA school online. Fort Hayes State and APU/AMU I think are about the cheapest, but they are both more than that per credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Most schools have a cost calculator that includes all kinds of thing like transportation, rent, food, utilities, etc. For someone taking online courses, those don't apply. You only take the cost per credit x # of credits.

For Study.com, most people are taking 2 courses per month, as that's included in the $199/mo price.

There shouldn't be much of a fee for transferring courses - maybe $50-$100 at most, depending on how many transcripts you have to send. I think my cost is somewhere around $40. Some schools are free for the first couple of transcripts, some are $7, some are $12, some are $15. Prices like that are the norm that I've seen.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks everyone for the help!

I will get started on this degree.

Do I have to complete any of the parts in a specific order? For example, do I need to apply to TESU first and send transcripts before I register at Study.com? And is there some flexibility in which classes I took? I have lots of lower level credit in History, taken after I finished my first degree, but some topics don't match up with ones in this degree plan.
With TESU there's no downside to enrolling early. Go ahead and apply and send any transcripts that are complete... from schools where you don't intend to take any more courses. If you take CLEP or DSST exams, you can have a score sent for free as you finish each exam. For ACE sources, you'll pay for each transcript you choose to send. You can batch them up and send them in periodically, or you can wait and send one transcript when you're completely done. NCCRS credits are sent from each source directly to TESU. Those you should be able to batch up into one transcript per provider.

After you apply for $75, you have a year to enroll. You are enrolled when you register for a course or TECEP. Doing so extends your enrollment another year. There are no other fees to be enrolled.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-04-2017, 12:57 PM)jsd Wrote: With TESU's Study.com partnership, the capstone is going to cost you $1098. I'm not sure where you're getting $3700, even if you have to pay for some transcripts to be mailed over.

Study.com allows you to do two courses a month with their plan, and it's easily doable. That cuts your cost in half there. If you're fast, you can add additional courses per month for $70 each, but how doable that is depends on your style. 2 is not a problem though.

I haven't taken Shmoop courses, but from the feedback I've seen here you can easily speed through those as well.

I did 7 Study.com courses in Oct 2017. 4 of them were history. I did 3 Shmoop courses that month too. Budgeting 4 months to do 4 study.com courses is not realistic, you could easily do all 4 in a month imo
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Hello everyone, I'm 3/4 of the way through my degree and I was looking at the historical methods/ historiography options. Are these the correct classes that count for credit at TESU?

FHSU - HIST379 Historical Methods

And

APU - HIST300 Research Methods in History
https://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/resour...se/hist300

Just want to make sure I'm taking the right class.

Thanks
You'll want to pre-plan with advising to make sure they'll be accepted and count as UL, but both of those should be accepted without issue
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,337 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 479 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,232 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27