Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Info: Know Your Suicide Prevention Resources
FYI, for those that may have NOT received this email... weird, dunno why I got it...

Dear Student,

It is the goal of Thomas Edison State University to provide important information to foster the well-being of our students.  The nature of our online learning format does not always allow us the opportunity to meet with students in a face-to-face setting, but we still strive to ensure that everyone has important information and resources available to them should they be experiencing difficulty or struggling – with anything.

You may be the first person to become aware of a fellow student having some challenges, or you may find yourself struggling.  You do not need to be a mental health professional to engage, communicate, and recommend appropriate resources.

How can you help?  You can make a difference by checking in with a fellow student if you notice (possibly through online discussions) that their mood or behavior has changed.  Take the time to send a private message to them, when necessary, to help them get the support they might need. 

If you or someone you know is in crisis or in need of urgent care, there are resources available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:

NJ Hopeline (Suicide Prevention): 1-855-654-6735
NJ Hopeline
http://www.njhopeline.com/ 

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/#

All members of the Thomas Edison State University community are encouraged to assist and support each other by sharing this information. We care, and we appreciate that you care, too. 

If you have questions or comments, please feel free to email or call.

Wishing you well,

ADA & Support Services Coordinator
Center for Disability Services
Thomas Edison State University
www.tesu.edu
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • harrypotter, suzycupcake, Tedium
Huh. I didn't get that email, but I think I opted out. Strange, that's certainly very forward-thinking of them. I hope it wasn't prompted by a tragic event.
This week the FCC proposed a 3 digit hotline for suicide prevention. It’s nice to see TESU take that extra step in caring for their students. I would say it’s because online students often don’t have the same support system and resources like access to on campus counseling that traditional students have.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 512 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 474 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,288 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,227 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 373 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27