Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Information Literacy and Capstone
Hi
For BSBA Gen. Mgmt at TESU I see the Information Literacy section of General Requirements now lists

• Information Literacy-SOS-110: Living in the Information Age

Does this mean that Study.com's English 103 will no longer fill that requirement and we must take SOS-110 thru TESU or will the Study.com English 103 still transfer as an equivalent? TESU wil not give me an answer since I am not a student. Does any one have any current info on this possible change?

Also, since we now have to take the Capstone course (TES-100) from TESU in the General Electives section, does that mean it will fill 3 credits in that section. So we'd need one less class from Study.com?
TES-100 is the Cornerstone course, not the Capstone. This is the 1-credit course that is being phased out in favour of SOS-110, which is the 3-credit course. If you have enrolled in 2019, I think you might be required to take SOS-110. For the Info Literacy requirement, there are other options too. Like Study.com’s Library science. However, SOS-110 will still be mandatory.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-15-2019, 09:52 AM)Acam10 Wrote: Hi
For BSBA Gen. Mgmt at TESU I see the Information Literacy section of General Requirements now lists

• Information Literacy-SOS-110: Living in the Information Age

Does this mean that Study.com's English 103 will no longer fill that requirement and we must take SOS-110 thru TESU or will the Study.com English 103 still transfer as an equivalent? TESU wil not give me an answer since I am not a student. Does any one have any current info on this possible change?

Also, since we now have to take the Capstone course (TES-100) from TESU in the General Electives section, does that mean it will fill 3 credits in that section. So we'd need one less class from Study.com?

English 103 (Analyzing & Interpreting Literature) does not meet the Information Literacy requirement, rather it comes in as a Humanities GE under Knowledge of Human Cultures. I'm pretty sure it has never met the Info Lit requirement. The Info Lit requirement has generally required a Library Science or Research Methods type of course. The exception is Intro to World Religions, which used to meet this requirement for some odd reason.

In any case, the SOS-110 cornerstone course (3-credits 12-weeks) is now required for any student starting after Jan 1st, 2019. This course also meets the Information Literacy requirement, so there is no need to take another course for this any longer. However, if you applied/enrolled prior to Jan 1st, then you may take the TES-100 cornerstone instead than the SOS-110 one as long as you register for and take it right away – it must be completed before July 1st to qualify. If you fall into the latter case, you may want to consider taking the Study.com Library Science 101 (Information Literacy) course instead of SOS-110 to meet the Info Lit requirement.

FYI, if you're pursuing a BSBA, then your capstone will be the BUS-421 course from TESU. It is also a required 3-credit/12-week course, but you cannot register for it until you're practically done with every other course needed to graduate.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
There is no longer an Info Lit requirement on the degree plans (you can check the website, I think it's been updated now). Instead, you need to take SOS-110 at part of the GE, and it counts as part of the 60cr needed there. There is NO course anywhere that you can transfer in to replace it, it's now required.

You can transfer in 114cr (or more, but that's what will count towards your degree), and then take the Cornerstone and Capstone as regular courses at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-15-2019, 12:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is no longer an Info Lit requirement on the degree plans (you can check the website, I think it's been updated now).  Instead, you need to take SOS-110 at part of the GE, and it counts as part of the 60cr needed there.  There is NO course anywhere that you can transfer in to replace it, it's now required.

You can transfer in 114cr (or more, but that's what will count towards your degree), and then take the Cornerstone and Capstone as regular courses at TESU.

For folks on the new catalog, I agree. However, I think people on the pre-Jan 1st catalog can still do the old cornerstone and transfer in their Info Lit course since that was still the process at the time. They just need to get it done ASAP.

I don't think this applies to the OP since it sounds like they are just starting this process now, but I was just being thorough in my earlier post in case anyone who is on a prior catalog reads this.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(03-15-2019, 12:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is no longer an Info Lit requirement on the degree plans (you can check the website, I think it's been updated now).  Instead, you need to take SOS-110 at part of the GE, and it counts as part of the 60cr needed there.  There is NO course anywhere that you can transfer in to replace it, it's now required.

What would my intro to psychology come in as? knowledge of human cultures is what i would guess, as it's a social science.
Psychology can count for Knowledge of Human Cultures, a GE elective, or in the Liberal Studies or Psychology majors
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
For what it's worth, my TESU evaluation lists Analyzing and Interpreting Literature as pre-planned to meet my Information Literacy requirement. I added it last year as the CLEP exam and then asked them to change it to Study.com's ENG 103. TESU never said it wouldn't work, and it still shows up on my evaluation that way.

I'm also under Catalog year 2018 and took the 1 unit Cornerstone, so maybe this has changed recently. Either way, if you're not an enrolled student now, you would have to take SOS-110.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy