Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - International Business Plan?
(01-23-2021, 11:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: With so many changes over the years, have you decided to continue with TESU? Have you looked at other schools out of the Big 3? How about Competency Based Degree providers such as UMPI, Walden, WGU? Have you enrolled or kept your enrollment at TESU?  Are you still active in their system?  Have you taken any courses or TECEP exams at TESU?  If you have, then you keep your catalog year.  If you have not, then you will be moved onto the new catalog year and will be subject to changes - the cornerstone, etc.  The costs of education has gone up, but there are still ways to try to keep the costs to a minimum... I would work on the 3 items below and update the thread once you're done.

Another question, which state are you in? Texas still?  As long as you're not in the state of confusion and you have people here helping you, you'll do fine... If you know the amount you have for tuition assistance, that would be great - If you take 16 credits at TESU, you skip the residency waiver fee.   It'll be best if you can do 10+ credits in one term and then 6 credits on the next term to finish off those credits, or just pay the residency waiver fee.  You also seem a bit "stuck at 60 credits" and not moving forward since your last thread.  Did you read my Beginner's Guide yet, it was referenced in that thread?  You may want to view the wiki version of it instead, review my signature and Wiki links below...

I am planning on sticking with TESU. I enrolled a few years ago. Due to medical issues and random life events, schooling was put on the back burner. Yes, I am still active in their system. I have not taken any courses or TECEP with TESU. With this info, I should be moved onto their new catalog year.

Yes, I still live in Texas. I need to look into my employer's reimbursement program; I don't believe they will pay for the online courses taken through places like Study or Sophia. However, I believe all fees associated with TESU will be covered. I'll start working on getting answers to those questions tomorrow.

Please see the attached file for the roadmap I built out with the resources y'all have provided. Would y'all please look over it and provided any recommendations you might have? 

Thank you again for all the help!

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA - GM Degree Plan.xlsx (Size: 16.59 KB / Downloads: 3)
If you get tuition reimbursement, you're going to want to see if they'll pay the residency waiver fee or not. Some reimbursement plans don't cover this and others do. If they don't, then you'll want to take at least 16 credits at TESU: Capstone, cornerstone (current catalog no longer allows you to skip this by taking World Religions @ SDC), Jane Austin 1-credit course (if going for the bare minimum) + 9 further credits. If they will cover the waiver, you only need to take the capstone/cornerstone with TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just an FYI, the UL in the core don't count for anything, so I wouldn't spend my time doing it that way - instead, save your UL's for the AOS.

World Religions moves to GE, it will not count for Info Lit any longer
Developing Effective Teams is not a GE, so that gets moved to AoS or Free Electives
Organizational Behavior is UL, move to AoS in the MAN area

Intro to Manage Accounting is not UL, it's used in the core
Principals of Management is not UL (doesn't matter though)
Principals of Marketing is not UL (doesn't matter though)
Swap Int'l Mgmt (move to AoS) and International Business (move to core)

Then you don't need an UL accounting course, nor do you need Leadership Comm (you already have all UL's)

Just an FYI, the new(to you) cornerstone, capstone, residency waiver fee, and other fees add up to $6654 now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-24-2021, 03:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, the UL in the core don't count for anything, so I wouldn't spend my time doing it that way - instead, save your UL's for the AOS.

Developing Effective Teams is not a GE, so that gets moved to AoS or Free Electives

Then you don't need an UL accounting course, nor do you need Leadership Comm (you already have all UL's)

Just an FYI, the new(to you) cornerstone, capstone, residency waiver fee, and other fees add up to $6654 now.

I've attached the updated spreadsheet. From what I see from the changes you suggested I need to find and add 1 course in the Intellectual and Practical skills and 1 course in General Electives. Did I understand and format the changes correctly?

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA - GM Degree Plan - WORKING.xlsx (Size: 17.25 KB / Downloads: 5)
If you're going to be on the current catalog, the last course for Intellectual & Practical skills must be SOS-110 through TESU directly.

And FYI on Communication at Work through Sophia, TESU just took it off my evaluation. It's going through the Dean for approval right now, so I can't guarantee that will be COM-103.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(01-25-2021, 11:53 AM)Lagspeed Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 03:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, the UL in the core don't count for anything, so I wouldn't spend my time doing it that way - instead, save your UL's for the AOS.

I've attached the updated spreadsheet. From what I see from the changes you suggested I need to find and add 1 course in the Intellectual and Practical skills and 1 course in General Electives. Did I understand and format the changes correctly?

First, if you set up your spreadsheet better, it's much easier to see where you're at.  The Earned column should have a subtotal for GE, and another subtotal for Core/AoS/Free Electives.  Then the Need column should be done the same.  Then you should add Earned + Need for each subtotal, and those should = 60cr.  Then make sure you have your credits for each course in ONLY Earned or Need, and you'll be able to figure out the numbers better.

Also, I wouldn't use another school/Study.com/Sophia numbering in the 1st column.  That's where you want TESU's equivalency to go.  Much easier to look at a course as how TESU will bring it in, rather than how your CC numbered it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPS area - Info Lit is going to have the cornerstone ($1557 through TESU).  No way around that with the catalog you're going to be in.  That's why I said you should take a look at another school, since it's so much more expensive now to finish it through TESU since you were last here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if you're sticking with TESU in spite of the price:

GE needs 6cr, you have 2 Sophia courses already planned so that's fine.

For the core, you're off by a bit at the bottom.  Here's what you should take:
BUSINESS IN SOCIETY OR INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENT = BUS 120: International Business
BUSINESS/MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATIONS REQUIREMENT = BUS 113: Business Communication

For the AoS, you have too many courses, and too many UL:
Move BUS 308: Globalization and International Management from the Core to the AoS.
Move MARK 306: Principles of Selling from Free Electives to the AoS.
Now for the AoS, you have 1 UL course already in there (Org Behavior), and 6 additional courses planned (5 of which are UL).  You only need 4 UL courses total, and 2 LL.  So I would delete 2 of the UL's, and replace that with 1 LL, to make life easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 66 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 58 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 115 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 207 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 243 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 370 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM