Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Is Social Psychology UL or LL?
Hi guys, 

I'm working on my roadmap for Psychology at TESU. 

Social Psychology is a required course with 6 credits. 

Is it UL or LL? 

And when I checked Study.com, Social Psychology is only 3 credits while TESU requires 6 credits. Can you explain, please? 

Thanks.
As far as I know, there is no single Social Psychology course that offers 6 credits. Not sure if TESU offers a 6-credit Social Psych. course. Please check. Most of us here try and complete two 3-credit courses. It could be both LL, as is the case with study.com. They offer Social Psychology & Adv. Social Psychology, but they both transfer into TESU as LL courses only. Or it could be one LL & one UL course. For the UL option, you could try and clear the Uexcel Social Psych. Exam. And you could complete LL social psych. course on study.com.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(06-04-2019, 02:59 AM)Supermind Wrote: As far as I know, there is no single Social Psychology course that offers 6 credits. Not sure if TESU offers a 6-credit Social Psych. course. Please check. Most of us here try and complete two 3-credit courses. It could be both LL, as is the case with study.com. They offer Social Psychology & Adv. Social Psychology, but they both transfer into TESU as LL courses only. Or it could be one LL & one UL course. For the UL option, you could try and clear the Uexcel Social Psych. Exam. And you could complete LL social psych. course on study.com.

Thank you so much. Another question, please. 

As for the general education electives, can I pick them from the psychology electives? 

I want most of my education to be on the subject.
I think that should be ok. However, if you are going for a BA-Psych. degree, you will already have 36 credits in that field. You will be covering almost all sub-fields of Psychology.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
TESU's own Social Psych course is 6 UL credit. If you're transferring, you can transfer in one Soc Psych UL course, and one Social Psych LL course (so that they don't duplicate) -- or as stated above if you can find two LL that you know for sure won't duplicate (such as Study.com), and you should be good to go.

Keep in mind you still need the total required of UL for the degree, so you'll have to make up those UL credits somewhere
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
TESU's Soc Psych is 6 credits of upper level, and if you're having trouble finding other options then it might not be a bad one. Definitely not 6 UL credits worth of work (at least in the Guided Study format). I would recommend either taking both Study.com courses (both LL), or one of the Study.com courses and the UExcel (one LL, one UL).

Nice thing about the Psych degree is that there are plenty of places you can fit in an UL class. Off the top of my head, there is an UL option for:

Research in Experimental Psychology
Social Psychology
History and Systems of Psychology
Physiological Psychology
Abnormal Psychology
And plenty of UL options for your two Psych Electives.

You'll only need UL classes for 15 of the 24 credits listed above.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-04-2019, 10:35 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: TESU's Soc Psych is 6 credits of upper level, and if you're having trouble finding other options then it might not be a bad one

Keep in mind, 6cr at TESU is expensive
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-04-2019, 10:40 AM)jsd Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 10:35 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: TESU's Soc Psych is 6 credits of upper level, and if you're having trouble finding other options then it might not be a bad one

True. If you're financial aid eligible, however, then you can take just PSY-379 for a term and get your full financial aid amount. So for some people it can work out. But in general, doing the Study.com classes or a SDC/UExcel combo is going to be much cheaper.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-04-2019, 02:59 AM)Supermind Wrote: They offer Social Psychology & Adv. Social Psychology, but they both transfer into TESU as LL courses only. Or it could be one LL & one UL course. For the UL option, you could try and clear the Uexcel Social Psych. Exam. And you could complete LL social psych. course on study.com.

I completed my Social Psych from Study.com in 2017, I *think* it would still transfer in as UL, correct? In any event, it doesn't really matter since it's not 6 credits and I'd have to do the LL Adv. Social Psych, regardless to complete the Social Pysch requirements.

Thanks!

D Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(06-04-2019, 10:40 AM)jsd Wrote:

Keep in mind that with residency waiver fee increases and required sos-110 it is actually cheaper to take 16 credits at TESU in a term than it is to take only 2 courses from TESU and transfer the rest. Especially if you qualify for financial aid, it might be quite a bit cheaper.

Also, if you're going to take 16 credits in a term social psych might not be a bad option considering it is UL and 6 credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 661 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 161 5 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,579 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 620 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 546 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 280 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 410 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 312 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az