Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science
(02-15-2021, 07:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 03:31 PM)Pats20 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 01:57 PM)Moo jch Wrote: This is why it really doesn't make a lot of sense to go back for additional undergraduate degrees at TESU. If anyone wants multiple degrees, it's best to graduate with all of them at the same time. TESU also has another restriction for a second bachelors degree; at least 24 credits must be earned after the conferral date of the most recent degree earned, see https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/award-of-degrees

As expensive as it is. $3200 And whatever alternative credit source fees for 24 credits . $4000? For the second degree probably isn’t that bad. A person would just have to weigh whether it would help them professionally. A masters would probably be more beneficial but a cheap program is 10k minimum and isn’t  self paced or accept alternative credit.

If you are going for multiple degrees, it is best to do them all at once rather than to go back to TESU and have to pay the residency fee twice.

If you do the flat-fee tuition you could do both capstones at the same time, and few more classes to get to 16 credits and it would only cost $4600 total for both degrees with no residency fee.  If you using the Pell Grant, things cost less so money isn't as much of a factor.  One person here only paid like $500 for a Bachelor's degree at TESU using a Pell Grant which is almost free.

Yes 2 capstones plus SOS-110 is 9 credits. And heard linear algebra from coopersmith doesn't work anymore. So if that is the case then you are already at 12 credits. And that point it would be cheaper to 16 and avoid the waiver than to do 12, even at 9 it might be cheaper. The thing with flat rate is doing 2 capstones at once sounds insane. Unless you have no other commitments that could be a lot to handle.

I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone doing two capstones at once. I saw a post and someone did two and they overlapped by a month, but that isn't the same as at once, plus 7 other credits.
For those wanting to get a slightly cheaper tuition by using the flat rate, I would split it up by doing 10-12 credits in one term, and the two capstones in another term. Doing it all in one term just to save money, is going to hurt those brain cells. At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide how it would work... If I wanted to do to degrees, I would graduate at the same time... but get one degree finished before the other just in case something in life happens and you just need the one degree!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hey it actually might not be possible anymore: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid326719
They're currently extended to the end of April, and I would be shocked if they weren't renewed for another 3 years.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(02-19-2021, 12:33 PM)natshar Wrote: Hey it actually might not be possible anymore: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid326719

That date has been extended to April 30, 2021, and it's likely it will be renewed before it expires. 
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

Furthermore, you can always take it as a TESU course and earn an easy A that way as well.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The way I’m understanding it is, you have to complete at least 24 credits after completion of the first bachelors. So In that case you can’t complete them at the same time. After completion Of a bacs The cs portion of a bsba cis should be satisified. You then will have to satisfy the business portion with which is 36 credits. Some of which you may have already taken to complete the first degree. To be clear , is there a max credit overlap as long as 24 are completed after conferral? For example like I stated above the cs portion should be satisfied. Along with possibly some business courses used in the first degree. Also can all the remaining credit/course requirements for the 2nd degree be taken through alternative sources other than the business capstone ? Or is there a restriction
(02-21-2021, 10:25 AM)Pats20 Wrote: The way I’m understanding it is, you have to complete at least 24 credits after completion of the first bachelors. So In that case you can’t complete them at the same time. After completion Of a bacs The cs portion of a bsba cis should be satisified. You then will have to satisfy the business portion with which is 36 credits. Some of which you may have already taken to complete the first degree. To be clear , is there a max credit overlap as long as 24 are completed after conferral? For example like I stated above the cs portion should be satisfied. Along with possibly some business courses used in the first degree. Also can all the remaining credit/course requirements for the 2nd degree be taken through alternative sources other than the business capstone ? Or is there a restriction

There's key wording here. 24 credits after completion of the first bachelors. If it hasn't been conferred, then it isn't completed. There's a decent number of people on this board pursuing 2, even 3 concurrent degrees. I am one of that number. When I emailed TESU they clarified the 24 credits are to be earned 6 months after graduation with the first degree. However, should I accumulate enough credits for both degrees, then that's fine and would only have to pay a single graduation fee and they would be conferred at the same time. It's definitely possible and fairly common on this board.

(02-21-2021, 10:25 AM)Pats20 Wrote: The way I’m understanding it is, you have to complete at least 24 credits after completion of the first bachelors. So In that case you can’t complete them at the same time. After completion Of a bacs The cs portion of a bsba cis should be satisified. You then will have to satisfy the business portion with which is 36 credits. Some of which you may have already taken to complete the first degree. To be clear , is there a max credit overlap as long as 24 are completed after conferral? For example like I stated above the cs portion should be satisfied. Along with possibly some business courses used in the first degree. Also can all the remaining credit/course requirements for the 2nd degree be taken through alternative sources other than the business capstone ? Or is there a restriction

Got post happy, forgot to answer the second part.

>>To be clear , is there a max credit overlap as long as 24 are completed after conferral? 

I believe you can't re-take the same courses again. That's what I was told by TESU Academic Advising. I believe there is also a dwell time on when you can start those credits. I believe it is 6 months after conferral.

>>Also can all the remaining credit/course requirements for the 2nd degree be taken through alternative sources other than the business capstone ?

TESU has a 90 CR limit on Alternative Sources that kicks in March 1st. After that, 30 credits will need to be Regionally Accredited. Capstone and Cornerstone would be from TESU, so that's 6, so you'd need 24 RA credits. Assuming you have those, I also believe that if you're in different courses that have different Capstones, you need to take both. The capstone has to be retaken if you've already had a degree conferred.  I don't remember this being policy, but I looked in the Course Catalog and found this:

"Graduates of TESU who are returning for a second degree should note that the Capstone courses LIB-495: Liberal Arts Capstone (for the TESU BA degrees) and APS-401: Current Trends and Applications (for certain BS applied sciences degrees) are degree-specific and therefore will have to be retaken and will count toward the required NEW credit."

Long and short of it, it's likely easier, cheaper and more efficient to satisfy both degrees at the same time.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP