Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Joint Enrollment
Is it possible to be enrolled at TESU and another college jointly?  Reason I ask is that I want to continue at state U. but won't finish my degree there because of certain requirements. So I wanted to start TESU now and still take some courses at State U and then add them to TESU later.  Will TESU let me do that?
Yep, TESU doesn’t care. While enrolled at TESU, I’ve also taken courses at Strayer, Clackamas, and ASU ULC. Just send your transcript to TESU when you’re done.
The one area that may matter is financial aid. Generally it’s only possible to draw federal aid at one institution at a time unless you have an exemption.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • resistk
Wow thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes resistk's post:
  • jch
Just to clarify, does it apply to degree from other university? Can i be enrolled to UMPI and TESU at the same time and to pursue degrees simultaneously?
(03-17-2022, 10:25 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Just to clarify, does it apply to degree from other university? Can i be enrolled to UMPI and TESU at the same time and to pursue degrees simultaneously?

From the original post, I gathered that the question was merely about finishing up some classes. If you end up actually graduating from either institution, that will throw a wrench into the works. Thanks for asking that clarifying question. Immediately before graduation, each university will audit all transcripts and records plus the National Clearinghouse for policy compliance. In particular, TESU has a restrictive award of degrees policy requiring a substantial number of credits earned after the most recent degree conferral. This is why I would advise against trying to complete degrees at two different places simultaneously. Pick one school as your graduation destination.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Got it. Thank you for explanation
The only issue is financial aid but if you plan on self-paying for the schools it doesn't matter. Especially since enrolling at TESU can just be done with a LL TECEP which can be only $150 or $50 if you do the medical term one.

But yeah I agree with @jch it only works if you are planning on graduating from one school and just taking courses at another. If you are pursuing degrees at two schools it could get messy fast.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ss20ts
jch Wrote:
Cofffeee Wrote:Just to clarify, does it apply to degree from other university? Can i be enrolled to UMPI and TESU at the same time and to pursue degrees simultaneously?

From the original post, I gathered that the question was merely about finishing up some classes. If you end up actually graduating from either institution, that will throw a wrench into the works. Thanks for asking that clarifying question. Immediately before graduation, each university will audit all transcripts and records plus the National Clearinghouse for policy compliance. In particular, TESU has a restrictive award of degrees policy requiring a substantial number of credits earned after the most recent degree conferral. This is why I would advise against trying to complete degrees at two different places simultaneously. Pick one school as your graduation destination.

^^This^^. Some schools allow concurrent studies, if you have permission from the dean/director or registrar to do so, you can take courses at the same time towards two degrees. Here's an example from COSC: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...e%20degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2022, 10:25 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Just to clarify,  does it apply to degree from other university? Can i be enrolled to UMPI and TESU at the same time and to pursue degrees simultaneously?

Not if you are actually pursing a degree from both schools. You will need to graduate from one and then do your second degree. There will be different requirements for someone who already has a bachelor's degree. I know how this works from UMPI. TESU is somewhat similar from what I've read. At UMPI you'd be waived from the GEC. You will need to meet all other degree requirements. You must complete 30 credits at UMPI. I believe these have to be done after your first degree is conferred. They don't have to be all UL courses. 

There's also the financial aid aspect. You can only be enrolled in 1 school if you're using financial aid. They know who is enrolled even if you're not using financial aid due to the way students are reported. I was reported as a student at UMPI even though I paid out of pocket for my second bachelor's degree and didn't have any financial aid. I needed to be reported anyway due to my student loans. Keep them in deferment while I'm a student. The government ended up extending the deferment for everyone while I was working on my degree but I would have been exempt from payments anyway since I was a full time student.
Thank you all for explanations. This forum and everyone who offer help really change lives in major ways

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch