Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course
I am only aware of pages for this course but I am writing up my sources this week and will let everyone know how Chap 2 goes.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
For Chap 2 I have been gathering my sources and background and notes. I will have the overall research written soon, and submitted by next week. I am 25% completed with the course and once I submit my next chapter I will be close to halfway completed. I am taking 6 classes right now so if you take this as a stand-alone course you should not have any issues with it.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
Today I wrote my draft for Chap 2 from my notes and was really in the writing for 4 hrs straight. Seemed to turn out very well and my capstone is almost 50% done.

Felt so good today I applied to Grad School for TESU and already have some grad credit done via UAF.
I will be applying to Rutgers, University of Alaska Fairbanks, University of Alaska Anchorage, and Thomas Edison State University.
Thank you for your updates! It's very helpful. I'm currently planning on finishing all my other courses before I start the Capstone because I'm a slow, perfectionist writer. I'm really amazed at all you have on your plate right now! But it's also quite encouraging to see that it may not be quite the gargantuan task I had been thinking it was. Have you done the mid-term yet? I was curious what that was going to be like.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
No real midterm that I see just 7 total modules and 6 are the creation of the capstone. I am almost finished with 3 so almost 50% done.
What is the ETS proficiency profile? Could you share some details? How much does it cost?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-03-2018, 01:30 AM)Supermind Wrote: What is the ETS proficiency profile? Could you share some details? How much does it cost?

It's a free assessment. Think of it as a placement test that asks you a bunch of questions to evaluate your score in reading, writing, critical thinking, and mathematics along with a bunch of demographic questions. For the BSBA Capstone, the score you get on the test is immaterial since it isn't graded, but completing the assessment is required to complete the course.

The test I took was the abbreviated version which gives you 40-minutes to answer 36 questions. Some of the questions are tricky though and designed to trip you up. It took me nearly the full 40 minutes to complete, but I was actually trying to get a top score (and I did). The test approach reminded me a lot of the A&I Lit CLEP exam where they provide a passage and ask you to provide the BEST answer taken from several statements about the passage. The math section is more about solving simple problems or logic puzzles.

More information is available here:

https://www.ets.org/proficiencyprofile/about
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thank you Merlin.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-02-2018, 10:26 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Thank you for your updates!  It's very helpful.  I'm currently planning on finishing all my other courses before I start the Capstone because I'm a slow, perfectionist writer.  I'm really amazed at all you have on your plate right now!  But it's also quite encouraging to see that it may not be quite the gargantuan task I had been thinking it was.  Have you done the mid-term yet?  I was curious what that was going to be like.

I wouldn't get too worried about it and if you're taking the BALS version I even have the syllabus attached in this thread. You could even start working on your modules early and fine tune your research during the course. I did have a detailed book report from 2009 that I used as a base for my current research. My only regret is that I don't have much time until Dec 13th when I finish 4 B&M classes and then I should be able to improve my quality some. However with traveling to be with family during holidays; I'm sure to also have an impact. Just make sure to keep up with the mini assignments and forum responses for your classmates and it goes quickly. 

I'm planning to get several more degrees that are already in progress so there are more capstones coming for me later on as I work through my masters.
Debating on signing up for this in January or at the latest February. February might just be easier for me since I am on my last course now and can spend extra time finding sources before I start this course.

Still not sure what topic to pick though.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 458 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 481 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 531 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az