Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts?
Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.
I think withdrawing might be a good choice this time,

when I did my bsba capstone everyone was scrambling for the first case study, personally I finally got it when I just started writing. What I mean is I think what you are experiencing is normal, unfortunately you do not have a very supportive mentor

I’m curious tho, does this mentor has good reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
That was my fault as I did not look for reviews. I will do that for sure next time but I am not sure what reviews if any my mentor has as I believe its fairly new.
Sharing the mentor's name might be a good idea to help others out if they want to avoid a hands-off mentor who doesn't provide samples or assistance.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I wouldn't drop out a month in, there's multiple example papers posted right on this forum
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • MSK9
(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)Coastie63j20 Wrote: Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.

I think that you and I might be in the same course.  Same mentor.  I am having a similar experience.  I already know how to write a thesis, but am getting no grades or feedback at all.

(03-03-2019, 12:28 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)Coastie63j20 Wrote: Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.

I think that you and I might be in the same course.  Same mentor.  I am having a similar experience.  I already know how to write a thesis, but am getting no grades or feedback at all.

I could really use a good example of a Literatue Review.  I have most of mine done, but just want some confirmation.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 3 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • mounika.chunduri, saraholson, writersblock
(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.

That would be fantastic!  I would greatly appreciate it.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.

That would help. Thanks for the offer.
(03-03-2019, 05:25 PM)Coastie63j20 Wrote:

That would help. Thanks for the offer.

Coastie, please check your PM's
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch