Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Liberal Arts 115 transfer credits
Hello! I am looking for any recommendations on moving forward with the remaining classes. I read on another thread I can take a free ethics course for Ethical Leadership.   Are there any others? Also is the LA capstone intense? Is it recommended to take with other courses? I have attached my evaluation. Thanks!

Attached Files
.pdf   Safari - Jul 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM.pdf (Size: 1.09 MB / Downloads: 28)
The only thing you need to graduate besides the two classes you have to take at TESU is ethics. Yes you can do it for free. Links below. You could easily finish the course, set up ACE and transfer it in all in a day. Email TESU and tell them you are doing this course and they can pre plan it into your evaluation as well.

Course: https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...al-conduct
How to transfer it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid293173

Sign up for the August Capstone and do SOS-110 along side it. SOS-110 is an easy class and not too much work with capstone. If you do this you can graduate in December. The courses would go through August, September, October.

If you sign up for the September Capstone/SOS-110 or anytime after August you won't graduate until March.

Also you it looks like you have the Social Sciences concentration for Liberal Studies. Email them if you to add that. I think it is better than no concentration.
Question, how far were you away from your Psychology degree at Old Dominion? If you're just like 1 or 2 courses away, I would complete it there instead. I would also suggest you do a quick academic evaluation for a TESU BA Psychology as you may already have most if not all the AOS completed. If you're missing a couple of courses, you can get them really cheap/easy/fast from Study.com - I find that a Psychology major might be better for you vs a generic Liberal Arts with a social science concentration.

I also noticed you did Bio I & Bio II at one of the three CC's you've gone to, hmm... are you in a rush to finish your degree asap? What's your educational goal? Do you currently have a time frame you want to get this done and a budget? Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement from work? I would suggest the FREE Ethics course vs paying for a course, it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest Ethics course you can get...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
(07-25-2019, 08:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Question, how far were you away from your Psychology degree at Old Dominion?  If you're just like 1 or 2 courses away, I would complete it there instead.  I would also suggest you do a quick academic evaluation for a TESU BA Psychology as you may already have most if not all the AOS completed.  If you're missing a couple of courses, you can get them really cheap/easy/fast from Study.com - I find that a Psychology major might be better for you vs a generic Liberal Arts with a social science concentration.

I also noticed you did Bio I & Bio II at one of the three CC's you've gone to, hmm... are you in a rush to finish your degree asap?  What's your educational goal?  Do you currently have a time frame you want to get this done and a budget?  Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement from work?  I would suggest the FREE Ethics course vs paying for a course, it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest Ethics course you can get...
I was thinking the same thing but didn't say.

It wouldnt be that difficult to do a BA psychology (instead of Liberal Studies) and an Associates in Biology. And can't or don't want to do the August capstone anyways. You could probably do March graduation without too much trouble and get mote than a liberal arts degree.
(07-25-2019, 08:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Question, how far were you away from your Psychology degree at Old Dominion?  If you're just like 1 or 2 courses away, I would complete it there instead.  I would also suggest you do a quick academic evaluation for a TESU BA Psychology as you may already have most if not all the AOS completed.  If you're missing a couple of courses, you can get them really cheap/easy/fast from Study.com - I find that a Psychology major might be better for you vs a generic Liberal Arts with a social science concentration.

I'd like to add that one month with Study.com to earn the missing AOS Psychology course(s) would allow you to get the Study.com tuition discount saving you far more $ on the Cornerstone/Capstone courses than you'd spend on the Study.com courses. (unless of course you live in NJ, and already get in-state tuition rates).

You can email TESU and request that they ADD the BA in Psychology evaluation (it will not remove your current BSLS eval) and then you can compare the two officially. They will allow two evaluations for you prior to becoming an active student (when you're an active student, they'll add as many as you ask for). They will generally add the additional degree evalatuon within one business day. The official is more reliable than the 'what if' tool (and places you into a catalog year for that degree)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,575 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538