Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet! It definitely helps seeing it outlined like that. I feel like you're right on the ball regarding MBA paths after finishing the bachelors. I will go ahead and apply at COSC to see what the official transcript evaluation will say. I'm a little curious as to why you went with Psych. From your experience, are the classes you listed from Coopersmith and ED4credit very challenging?(time consumption wise)

P.S:- I will update you as soon as I complete having my transcript evaluated by COSC

Edit:- I just applied and had paid for my official transcripts to be sent to COSC
I got my evaluation from COCS and they seem to be more generous than TESU(since TESU limits the amount of credit hours transferred from community colleges). Below is the report COSC sent me. After getting this information, what do you think as a plan of attack? Still Liberal Arts with a concentration in Psychology? 
P.S:- I've registered to take the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP soon!
I appreciate all the input and help!

Attached Files
.pdf   COSC Degree Audit.pdf (Size: 64.07 KB / Downloads: 61)
(05-30-2019, 05:34 PM)afro_knowledge Wrote: I got my evaluation from COCS and they seem to be more generous than TESU(since TESU limits the amount of credit hours transferred from community colleges). Below is the report COSC sent me. After getting this information, what do you think as a plan of attack? Still Liberal Arts with a concentration in Psychology? 
P.S:- I've registered to take the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP soon!
I appreciate all the input and help!

COSC lets you transfer in a few more CC credits than TESU does: TESU allows 80cr, COSC allows 87cr.  So be prepared to give up 4cr out of what you sent.  Not that I'd point it out or anything, but it won't matter, since you'll have to take the cornerstone and capstone, and 27cr of add'l UL.  That will put you right back at 87cr from a CC once they re-review what you bring in.

Also, I think COSC requires 2 separate concentrations, Psych would be an easy one, and has lots of UL options.  I'd also try to use UL courses to get your remaining requirements met (Ethics, Global Understanding, & US History/Govt).  That way you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What would be Upper Level classes that would allow me to kill two birds with one stone for ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING, US HISTORY/GOVERNMENT, and GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING? I really appreciate the help.
UL Ethics courses
- UExcel Business Ethics, Bioethics, Ethics Theory
- Davar Business Ethics
- Study.com BUS 310: Advanced Business Ethics

UL US History/Government
- DSST History of the Soviet Union
- Study.com HIS 306: The American Civil War Era, HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War, HIS 311: The Holocaust and WWII
- Coopersmith HIS-301: Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the US

UL Global Understanding
- UExcel Cultural Diversity, World Population,
- Davar International Management
- Study.com BUS 308: Globalization and International Management, MARK 303: Global Marketing

Obviously you should check with COSC to see if those will work, I only know about Study.com.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thank you for the suggestions! So I went ahead and checked with a person to check if those courses would work, but they're pushing me to pay the $150 tuition deposit, so that academic advising can tell me for sure. Is this normal?
TESU is not helpful in the best of circumstances, and they certainly aren't helpful to non-enrolled students. So, yes, you'd have to enroll to get any help from academic advising at all.

Not sure what the $150 is for, it's $50 to apply.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cammilynn
This is COSC and I've already paid them the application fee. I'm wondering why I'd have to be enrolled and paying to get any direction...hmmm, right?
(10-02-2019, 01:54 AM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU is not helpful in the best of circumstances, and they certainly aren't helpful to non-enrolled students.  So, yes, you'd have to enroll to get any help from academic advising at all.

I went ahead and enrolled. Below is the response I got when I asked that I wanted to have a Liberal Arts Degree with a Psych concentration. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding anything. I'd appreciate the input. 

"Unfortunately we don’t offer the degree you’re looking for.  You can major in Psychology but the general studies major with a psy concentration no longer is offered. You can combine psychology with another area of study, however, and have your liberal studies concentration. Please see the link to the explanation of the liberal studies concentration I sent earlier for more information.   You need 36 credits in a concentration- balanced between two areas of study.  Of those, at least 18 must be at the upper level."

(12-23-2019, 01:35 PM)afro_knowledge Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 01:54 AM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU is not helpful in the best of circumstances, and they certainly aren't helpful to non-enrolled students.  So, yes, you'd have to enroll to get any help from academic advising at all.

I went ahead and enrolled. Below is the response I got when I asked that I wanted to have a Liberal Arts Degree with a Psych concentration. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding anything. I'd appreciate the input. 

"Unfortunately we don’t offer the degree you’re looking for.  You can major in Psychology but the general studies major with a psy concentration no longer is offered. You can combine psychology with another area of study, however, and have your liberal studies concentration. Please see the link to the explanation of the liberal studies concentration I sent earlier for more information.   You need 36 credits in a concentration- balanced between two areas of study.  Of those, at least 18 must be at the upper level."

COSC doesn't offer a BALS/BSLS with a single concentration.  You need to choose 2 or 3 concentrations:
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php or
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,357 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 363 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az