Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: MS Data Science and Analytics
(11-19-2018, 12:05 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Quite a chunk of Statistics.com classes are ACE recommended for graduate. Certainly most are still undergrad, but there are some graduate through ACE

I found 3 active courses that were grad and 2 expired.
Not enough for a degree. Most of the statistics.com courses that are part of the MS program are ace recommended for LL or UL credit.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Right now I think only 5 are classified by ACE as graduate category: the two structural equation modeling courses, Regression Analysis, Survival Analysis, and the "Risk, Simulation, and Queuing" course.

There used to be more.  I think "Financial Risk Modeling" and "Integer & Nonlinear Programming and Network Flow" used to be graduate category last year.  They might have been downgraded in the most recent ACE evaluation.  

Most are currently upper division undergrad.  Of the 35 courses ACE approved there, 5 are graduate, 8 are lower division and 22 are upper division.
The 2 structural equation modeling courses expired in 2011. Yeah it looks like the ones you mentioned were downgraded to UL from graduate fairly recently.

I wonder how all of that affects the viability of the MS.

Also, some of the degree requirements of the MS are LL courses that have always been LL. I wonder how that works, too.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Make Our New Degree Program Part of Your Master Plan
University Launches MS in Data Science and Analytics Program
[Image: DataScience-and-Analytics.jpg] 
The world is awash in data that doubles in volume every year. Every enterprise imaginable is harnessing this resource to build new products, enhance customer service, invent new cures and solve intractable challenges.

If you're planning to advance in your career, your ability to derive timely, actionable insight from data will likely be part of that progression. The University has partnered with The Institute of Statistics Education at Statistics.com to offer a Master of Science in Data Science and Analytics degree program that responds to this expanding interdisciplinary field and is structured around the unique needs of working adults.

Offered completely online, the Master of Science in Data Science and Analytics degree program will provide you with graduate-level theoretical knowledge, applied skills and the ability to derive value from data in real world decision making. What's more, the program can be completed in as little as 18 months.

To learn more, email the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences today.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just saw that TESU MS DSA announcement email and I was heading here to post that as well.

As TESU sent out emails announcing the new MS degree just this morning, I guess it is indeed brand new.

Statistics.com responded to me with additional information.  While the topics sound very similar, the MS program is quite a different arrangement than the BS degree program.

1) Courses are delivered by Statistics.com but conducted though TESU's learning management system.
2) Subject matter is similar but courses are 8 weeks long instead of the 4 week courses offered directly through Statistics.com for the BS degree program.
3) Courses include encompassing final projects.
4) Tuition is paid to TESU.
5) Courses directly earn TESU credit, it is not based on ACE recommendation credit.

I expect this rules out taking the coursework independently of the TESU degree program.  This would also explain why the Bachelor's to Master's program would be complicated for this degree.

This is all quite interesting.  I guess the next question is what is the tuition cost going to be for this arrangement.
I still have not received a reply from TESU advising but I did contact the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences directly.

They replied quickly with a little more information. All courses for the MS DSA program will be offered at every graduate term. This is good news as it eliminates the concern about some courses only having one opportunity per year.

They also referred me to the Bachelor's to Master's program if I am interested. This is somewhat in opposition to what advising told monroe18 up thread. Maybe advising just isn't up to date on the new degree yet or maybe that degree path is still in the works. I will follow up with Heavin to see if they can further clarify.

One other additional piece of information from Statistics.com: the new courses for the MS degree begin in January 2019.
It's exactly what I thought it would be. TESU is using Statistics.com's curriculum, but these are TESU courses in all other aspects.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Pretty much. It sounds like Statistics.com is providing the mentor staff as well. There are also 4 courses specified in the MS curriculum which can be satisfied by the undergrad courses conducted though Statistics.com. I'm still trying to get details on that.

But yes, it is as you suspected.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,486 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 595 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 495 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 518 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 335 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,320 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 435 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az