Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU MS in Information Technology --- Has anyone ACP tested for graduate programs
Hello,

I'm currently working toward my BA in Liberal Studies at Thomas Edison State College.  I'm just starting to finish my BA with transferred credits from a previous college and have 38 class credits left to go.  In addition to learning more about how I can use ACP testing to earn credits towards my BA, I'm also interested in the possibility of earning credits toward and eventual MS in Information Technology degree from TESU.

If anyone has had any previous experience ACP testing in a TESU masters program and could share insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Rich
Hello, so you have 2 classes done. What are they and where did you get the courses completed from? Do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement? Are you working or do you have any other commitments, such as family, kids, school, work, etc? Do you have a budget and a time frame you want this done?

Now, a MSIT from TESU might be an expensive degree, there are other options if you would like to venture that route. It all depends on your budget/energy/time, etc. Most members here try to get you two of the three - cheap/easy/fast, but I try to do all 3 and add a 4th, value.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hello BJCheung,

In answer to your questions...

Hello, so you have 2 classes done.
---> I have one class done and am currently enrolled in the March 2020 session to complete 2 more undergrad courses for my Liberal Studies BA

What are they and where did you get the courses completed from?
---> I transferred 82 credits into TESU from Ringling College of Art & Design

Do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement?
---> I have a FAFSA student loan for my remaining BA credits

Are you working or do you have any other commitments, such as family, kids, school, work, etc?
---> Yes.  I worked full time and am a single Dad with a daughter.  Am mid-career with 20+ years experience in IT/analytics field.

Do you have a budget and a time frame you want this done?
---> Based on my current pace of 2 classes per session, it should take about 18 months to finish my BA degree.  However, if I can speed that up by testing out of my undergrad classes that would be all the better.  Which is why I am here ;^)
---> Once I complete my BA, if I can test out of any of my masters degree courses that would also move things along.

The TESU MSIT looked pretty good and tuition prices are the most reasonable I've seen out there.  However, if you know of a more reasonable program I'm open to hear more about that.

Thanks,
Rich
Hey Rich,  you should complete the current courses at Ringling and apply/transfer everything else into TESU right away before they change their catalog year, see how the courses transfer and see where you stand - in the academic evaluation, it'll also show your remaining courses.  

I don't know if you have any Upper Level Liberal Arts classes, if you don't, then you should complete them mainly with Study.com and I was wondering, are you going for a BALS with concentration such as Humanities, NSM, Social Science, or no concentration BALS? You may want to take some TEEX courses for LL/UL and also Study.com LL/UL Communications, History, Psychology, Sociology etc to finish off your requirements for the degree.

The FAFSA that you're going to be using should be applied to the final two courses at TESU, namely the Cornerstone & Capstone.  I assume you won't be taking more classes, so you'll pay the residency waiver fee when you apply for graduation.  Otherwise, you'll have to take 16 credits from TESU.  You can decide which way you want to go, take courses vs pay the residency waiver.

Lastly, you should go for a WGU MSCIA or MS Data Analytics as it's competency based since you have so many years of experience in IT/Analytics, they are a very good provider of competency based degree programs.  Link: https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch