Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Major Selection (Online)
(10-12-2018, 11:27 AM)natshar Wrote: There is a wealth of knowledge of people going after the BSBA and how to do it. The computer science degree you would have to take more in person classes and you would be on your own more (you wouldn't have the forum to help you answer questions as much). I'd so go with the marketing because it would look better to employers. I've worked for a lot of small business and am friends with a lot of self employed people. One of the hardest things about owning your own business is getting your name out there. And what do you call that? Answer: Marketing.

If you had a marketing degree you would have more skills to market your own business as well as work for other people. Also, I don't know if the entrepreneurship major is test outable like the marketing major is. Definitely harder to find classes to take.

BSBA in marketing.

If you just want a degree. Try seeing what a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies what get you. Probably would be the fastest option. Obviously not as valuable in terms of job opportunities, but you would have a degree. It would be quicker and easier to earn than the business route.

Thank you natshar! I’m presently weighing my options. The only thing that’s appealing with Liberal Studies is I would only need to complete 17 credits (time and $$$), however, I don’t think it would do too much for opening doors. I don’t mind investing in the short term future if it provides long term gains at this point.
(10-12-2018, 11:33 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote: Thanks for the help! I have since attached my credit evaluation with BSBA/Marketing major selected for the time being. Please, don’t judge some of my grades  Confused

Worry not. Very few of us come here because we were model students in the past.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-12-2018, 11:39 AM)davewill Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 11:33 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote: Thanks for the help! I have since attached my credit evaluation with BSBA/Marketing major selected for the time being. Please, don’t judge some of my grades  Confused

Worry not. Very few of us come here because we were model students in the past.

Jeez davewill, I’ve only been here an hour and already look to you as a mentor   Smile Much appreciated!
(10-12-2018, 11:10 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote: Thanks MNomadic! I believe I have narrowed it down to one of the business majors. I clicked on the link for degree forum but any of the Wiki links appear to be dead---the page says “Not a valid community”. 

And excuse me for being new here---As far as efficiently posting my college credits, what's the best way to do that without littering this message board with my 104 credits worth of courses?

The wiki moved, it is on the last page of the post (you used the old one reference early on in the thread shared:  The new wiki page is https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

For you I'd recommend the BSBA-Marketing - you don't have a CS background, and don't sound sold on.  I don't believe that the BSBA in Entrepreneurship can be tested out of, plus Marketing by its nature aligns more with the theatrical side of any business.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-12-2018, 12:13 PM)allvia Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 11:10 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote: Thanks MNomadic! I believe I have narrowed it down to one of the business majors. I clicked on the link for degree forum but any of the Wiki links appear to be dead---the page says “Not a valid community”. 

And excuse me for being new here---As far as efficiently posting my college credits, what's the best way to do that without littering this message board with my 104 credits worth of courses?

The wiki moved, it is on the last page of the post (you used the old one reference early on in the thread shared:  The new wiki page is https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

For you I'd recommend the BSBA-Marketing - you don't have a CS background, and don't sound sold on.  I don't believe that the BSBA in Entrepreneurship can be tested out of, plus Marketing by its nature aligns more with the theatrical side of any business.

Thanks allvia! That last part was very insightful for me. I think I’ve made my decision. As far as testing out of BSBA--how would I go about doing that?
Well, until someone helps you with a detailed plan, you can certainly start by getting the ethics requirement out of the way with the free Institutes course (just search for it, here). You might be able to knock it out in a day or less. After that, College Algebra (ALEKS), English 101 (CLEP, Study.com, Straighterline), and Oral Comm (Study.com and others). Those are all needed no matter what degree you get.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • ThirtySomething
(10-12-2018, 12:16 PM)ThirtySomething Wrote:

Thanks allvia! That last part was very insightful for me. I think I’ve made my decision. As far as testing out of BSBA--how would I go about doing that?

First step is figuring out your options, strengths, budget, priorities, etc. If you have clep testing centers near you, that would be a good place to start. Using Modern states, you can get free vouchers to take CLEPs. Modern states courses help prepare you for the tests but can and arguably should be combined with other study methods such as REA study guides, YouTube videos, Wikipedia, instantcert subscription, etc. DSST tests can also be used. If you prefer more of a class format/structure, straighterline, study.com, sophia.org, etc may be more to your liking.

Also, check out the new link to the wiki that allvia shared. Particularly, check out the free sources of credit page. There's a course from "the institutes" called ethics and the cpcu code or conduct(or something along those lines) that is always my number one recommendation. It is completely free and arguably the quickest and easiest way to satisfy the ethics requirement for TESU.

Heres a link to those free sources of credit including the ethics course:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

First email TESU advising and have them add the 'BSBA-Marketing' to your evaluation (assuming this is your choice, also this usually only takes about a business day)  This will let you (& us) know what you're missing (and what you have already - sometimes we find things they put in "other" that could be moved around and work better for you).  While you're waiting read the wiki info that I provided you.  Once you get the official BSBA-Marketing evaluation come back and share what goes where and what is missing.  Just note that you'll want to blank out any personal information such as your Name/Student ID if you share screen shots or such of the evaluation.  

Ref this for more how we can answer the specifics that apply to you:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

JSD has made a nice Omni Transcript that you can use to plug in the credits you already have - I see some people are telling you about the free ethics course, which is great if you don't already have an ethics course - as I said without us knowing what you have it's tough to tell you what to 'get' - here is the link to the Omni Transcript thread. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid268735
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

If TESU still accepts CSU Global CBEs, one can test out of the BSBA in Entrepreneurship. There is one requirement that is specifically small business or entrepreneurship (can be completed by TECEP, CSU Global CBE, or an ACE course), but the rest of the concentration is pretty much just marketing.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...d-exam-cbe
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-12-2018, 01:25 PM)allvia Wrote:

First email TESU advising and have them add the 'BSBA-Marketing' to your evaluation (assuming this is your choice, also this usually only takes about a business day)  This will let you (& us) know what you're missing (and what you have already - sometimes we find things they put in "other" that could be moved around and work better for you).  While you're waiting read the wiki info that I provided you.  Once you get the official BSBA-Marketing evaluation come back and share what goes where and what is missing.  Just note that you'll want to blank out any personal information such as your Name/Student ID if you share screen shots or such of the evaluation.  

Ref this for more how we can answer the specifics that apply to you:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid264199

JSD has made a nice Omni Transcript that you can use to plug in the credits you already have - I see some people are telling you about the free ethics course, which is great if you don't already have an ethics course - as I said with out us knowing what you have it's tough to tell you what to 'get' - here is the link to the Omni Transcript thread. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid268735

Thanks so much! Below I’ve attached my evaluation with BSBA-Marketing. Any feedback would be tremendously appreciated. I’m currently enrolled in the free ethics course due to the advice I’ve received on this thread. Progress!

To add to this, with my extensive theater background and courses, would I be able to test out of Oral Comm? Oral Comm has never been a problem for me  Wink

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits Evaluation .pdf (Size: 251.8 KB / Downloads: 11)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,488 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 598 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 496 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 518 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,320 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27