Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly
Hi.  My wife is taking courses towards a BALS at TESU and she wants to know what other degrees are ACE and NCCRS friendly besides the BALS and BSBA degrees. I recall that there are a few that requires just one or two courses taken elsewhere.

She is looking at majoring in something other than Business and I think English, History, Psychology and Sociology are missing a class or two from being fully ACE or NCCRS friendly.  She may just continue with a BALS and work on a concentration instead.
2019 Goal: TESU BSBA CIS & GM and BA Computer Science
BSBA CIS & GM - Journey & Progress (GM & CIS complete)
BACS & Planning for Masters (BACS instead of BALS CS/CIS)

Cert Accounting: Complete 
ASNSM Comp Sci: Complete 
ASNSM Math: Remaining - Study.com Calculus

Updating courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki. 
Taking a majority of credits at StraighterLine and Study.com to finish these degrees
I believe the introduction of new Computer science courses by study.com makes the BA-CS degree equally test-friendly.
TESU BALS-Psych. (Started Sept. 15, 2018): 121 Cr.

TEEX(6): Cybersecurity 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Essentials of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences, Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Special Ed. History & Law, Differentiated Ed., Classroom Management, Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Research methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Molecular & Cellular Biology, Comparative Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone (in progress).
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 
Computer Science just recently became fully test-friendly (aka you can do everything but the Capstone/Cornerstone through ACE/NCCRS). Psychology is also fully test-friendly. History and Sociology are each one class away, and for Sociology that one class can likely be done self-paced through CSU-Pueblo for just $555 (half the cost of doing it at TESU)
Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • saraholson
Psychology is test-friendly - and I think COSC would be cheaper (~$2k less than TESU)

English & History - 1 course away each

Sociology - not a degree I've seen anyone do, I'm not certain there are enough cheap/test-out-able UL courses to do it cheaply. But I could be wrong.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.
TESU for BA in Communications.  half-way there
----------------------------------------------------------------- 
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute - Ethics
CSMLearn - Quantitative Literacy requirement
Study.com - Psy 104, His 108, Edu 104, Edu 103
Sophia.org - Conflict Resolution, Human Biology, Visual Comm, US History I + II, Intro to IT, Public Speaking, An.Gr.Philosophers, Student Success, Developing Effective Teams,  Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to Psych, Art Hist II, Intro to Sociology 

(05-22-2019, 12:02 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.

You're right - I was only thinking of the NON-WESTERN LITERATURE requirement, which isn't test-out-able.  It's hard to find UL English courses that are cheap.  The only one is Advanced Technical Writing.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
Coopersmith's poetry course is 3 quick UL English for people who are ok with the subject/type.

English is affordable if HES keeps offering the Poetry in America courses... $750 for 12 graduate credits. We don't know when they might stop. Their courses are not self-paced, but they are quick in the summer.

And the CLEPs can give 12 free LL credits.

Still though, having to take those and Non-Western Lit and the Capstone makes the degree slower.
Working on second TESU degree. 
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • cookderosa, Murdockb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU July 1st 2019 Changes armstrongsubero 2 82 12 minutes ago
Last Post: saraholson
  Study.com courses transfer speed at TESU? And faster before CAPSTONE? pws 3 96 5 hours ago
Last Post: AMRH94
  Confusing chat with TESU's admission romoh 21 363 6 hours ago
Last Post: romoh
  BS or bust - TESU BS in Data Science and Analytics Jep 37 3,529 Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Last Post: akr680
  At the finish line - switching from TESU to EC spree610 12 332 Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Newbie TESU question Kalopsia 5 106 Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU June Grad Diplomas mrshill818 3 179 06-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Applying for TESU FishNDip 8 258 06-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Accounting Degree classes Rustydroid 2 109 06-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  How Long for Classes to Post to TESU Transcript? SRES 2 102 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: pws