Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Majors most ACE or NCCRS friendly
Hi.  My wife is taking courses towards a BALS at TESU and she wants to know what other degrees are ACE and NCCRS friendly besides the BALS and BSBA degrees. I recall that there are a few that requires just one or two courses taken elsewhere.

She is looking at majoring in something other than Business and I think English, History, Psychology and Sociology are missing a class or two from being fully ACE or NCCRS friendly.  She may just continue with a BALS and work on a concentration instead.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I believe the introduction of new Computer science courses by study.com makes the BA-CS degree equally test-friendly.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Computer Science just recently became fully test-friendly (aka you can do everything but the Capstone/Cornerstone through ACE/NCCRS). Psychology is also fully test-friendly. History and Sociology are each one class away, and for Sociology that one class can likely be done self-paced through CSU-Pueblo for just $555 (half the cost of doing it at TESU)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • saraholson
Psychology is test-friendly - and I think COSC would be cheaper (~$2k less than TESU)

English & History - 1 course away each

Sociology - not a degree I've seen anyone do, I'm not certain there are enough cheap/test-out-able UL courses to do it cheaply. But I could be wrong.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(05-22-2019, 12:02 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: English & History - 1 course away each

Oh wow! Is the English degree 1 course away for TESU or somewhere else? If TESU, I was stuck in 2017 thinking the English degree was a no-go when Shmoop lost the ability transfer to over.

You're right - I was only thinking of the NON-WESTERN LITERATURE requirement, which isn't test-out-able.  It's hard to find UL English courses that are cheap.  The only one is Advanced Technical Writing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Coopersmith's poetry course is 3 quick UL English for people who are ok with the subject/type.

English is affordable if HES keeps offering the Poetry in America courses... $750 for 12 graduate credits. We don't know when they might stop. Their courses are not self-paced, but they are quick in the summer.

And the CLEPs can give 12 free LL credits.

Still though, having to take those and Non-Western Lit and the Capstone makes the degree slower.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • cookderosa, Murdockb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch