Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is faster
creditmonsoon, Have you taken the ASVAB yet? If not, I encourage you to take it sooner rather than later.
Outis Wrote:creditmonsoon, Have you taken the ASVAB yet? If not, I encourage you to take it sooner rather than later.

Really? I've read that you don't need ASVAB to get into OCS as long as you have a Bachelor's.

How to best practice for that test?
creditmonsoon Wrote:Really? I've read that you don't need ASVAB to get into OCS as long as you have a Bachelor's.

Where did you read that? For things like this, go to the regulation. In this case, the regulation is titled "Appointment of Commissioned Officers of the Army" or something very similar.

I believe the minimum qualifying score is a 110 GT.

As for the test, to be safe I would get any decently rated asvab prep book that is current (check reviews on Amazon). Take a couple weeks to a month to prepare, and get it done. Not too bad. My initial score was in the 50's (yikes), and my second score was in the mid 90s. To get that increase I simply used ALEKS for one weekend of review, and studied a standard asvab prep book.

Some will just say to walk right in and take it. Like anything in this world, there are always people willing to blow smoke up your bum. A test such as this -- one that will either close off or open up career options, should not be taken lightly regardless of the difficulty level. By the way, I went to the test center with a group of high school graduates and not a single person met the bare minimum. Although the test is roughly around high school equivalency...not all high schools are equal.

The great thing for you, IMO, is that you have experience taking high stakes exams. So a month's prep for the ASVAB should leave you in a solid position.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Figuring out which degree I could complete faster at COSC mdel210201 2 771 04-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there any way to make TESC go faster? sanantone 42 4,910 08-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PonyGirl93
  Faster transcript to TESC: DSST or ECE? thatbrian 5 838 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Last Post: thatbrian