Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TESU - New Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity
Quote:NEW: Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity
Develop advanced technical and leadership skills with our Master of Science in Cybersecurity degree program as you prepare to protect the nation's critical information infrastructure. TESU's unique master's program in cybersecurity prepares you to meet the growing need for leaders who can protect the cyber infrastructure and information assets of organizations in the public and private sectors.

https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/ms-cybersecurity

Quote:Estimated Cost of Degree:

$20,388

Rolleyes
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
well then! Looks like TESU is for sure starting to pursue more grad programs, I think Sanantone predicted that they'd be pushing for more revenue in that area.

Ok, so the cyber folks here who know such things, how does this curriculum compare in scope / sequence to WGU or *the obvious leader* Georgia Tech? I realize Georgia Tech is clearly a zillion times more prestigous and inexpensive, but Georgia Tech also wants a BS in Computer Science as a prereq and admission is competitive. TESU is just asking for a bachelor's (in anything?) for admission, and is likely open enrollment - which many adults really like (no GMAT, no letters of rec, no references, no wondering)

TESU
CYB-510: Cybersecurity Foundations 3
CYB-520: Network Defense and Security 3
CYB-530: Operating Systems Security 3
CYB-540: Cryptography and Data Security 3
CYB-550: Software and Applications Security 3
CYB-560: Cyber Forensics and Investigation 3
CYB-570: Cyber Risk Management and Incident Response 3
CYB-580: Cybersecurity Strategy, Governance and Ethics 3
CYB-690: Special Topics in Cybersecurity 3
CYB-700: Capstone in Cybersecurity 3
Total Credits 30
(10-16-2019, 02:02 PM)cookderosa Wrote: well then!  Looks like TESU is for sure starting to pursue more grad programs, I think Sanantone predicted that they'd be pushing for more revenue in that area.  

Ok, so the cyber folks here who know such things, how does this curriculum compare in scope / sequence to WGU or *the obvious leader* Georgia Tech?  I realize Georgia Tech is clearly a zillion times more prestigous and inexpensive, but Georgia Tech also wants a BS in Computer Science as a prereq and admission is competitive.   TESU is just asking for a bachelor's (in anything?) for admission, and is likely open enrollment - which many adults really like (no GMAT, no letters of rec, no references,  no wondering)

TESU
CYB-510: Cybersecurity Foundations 3
CYB-520: Network Defense and Security 3
CYB-530: Operating Systems Security 3
CYB-540: Cryptography and Data Security 3
CYB-550: Software and Applications Security 3
CYB-560: Cyber Forensics and Investigation 3
CYB-570: Cyber Risk Management and Incident Response 3
CYB-580: Cybersecurity Strategy, Governance and Ethics 3
CYB-690: Special Topics in Cybersecurity 3
CYB-700: Capstone in Cybersecurity 3
Total Credits 30

I could be wrong but I believe Georgia Tech has let people in who did not have a BS in Computer Science. At roughly $8,000 I am not sure there is much comparison. Georgia Tech came in to the game ready to get applicants and their pricing made it to where I can imagine they get a lot of them.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • cookderosa
Georgia Tech has made their OMSCySec admissions more strict because the first cohort was very unprepared. It's also closer to $10k (of course still the best value, regardless).

TESU's program looks pretty standard, there's just no benefit over WGU which is seemingly just about open enrollment and way cheaper. Clearly GT still beats them both for those with the background to get in.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I'm not sure why anyone would choose TESU for a MS/MA degree, ever.

I'm guessing that this is one where they can sucker in the BS Cyber folks (not ones from this forum) to use some Grad classes towards their BS, and then shift them to the MS. Just a guess.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If I didn't want to take a certification test and write a bunch of papers, I'd choose TESU over WGU.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'd be surprised if TESU didn't have a good amount of paper writing in this program.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(10-17-2019, 08:00 AM)sanantone Wrote: If I didn't want to take a certification test and write a bunch of papers, I'd choose TESU over WGU.

How can you be sure TESU doesn't require papers?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The syllabi for the cybersecurity courses aren't up yet, so I looked at the syllabi for the graduate-level information technology courses. Most of them are project-based as opposed to requiring multiple research papers.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-17-2019, 12:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not sure why anyone would choose TESU for a MS/MA degree, ever.

I'm guessing that this is one where they can sucker in the BS Cyber folks (not ones from this forum) to use some Grad classes towards their BS, and then shift them to the MS. Just a guess.

Ohhh I didn't even think of that. For sure their bachelor's to master's plan would appeal to many. Seriously though, in the real world, people would pay $20k all day long for a master's degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 516,955 10 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 307 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,521 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 714 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,448 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer