Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU No longer accepting external Strategic Management capstone courses...
I received the following feedback when inquiring about Penn Foster courses to transfer in, just to confirm they would be accepted if I chose to go that route. If this is true then Strategic Management through easier means is not longer happening. Anyone else experience the same?

BSBA Marketing
3/11/16
"The following Penn Foster courses are approved for your degree:
Marketing Research
Financial Management
Business Law

Per rules set forth by the Dean's office, students are no longer permitted to transfer the Strategic Management capstone course from external sources. Towards the end of your degree program, you may take BUS-421 to complete the capstone requirement.

Should you have additional questions, please create a new ticket by sending an email to academicadvising@tesc.edu with your degree program in the subject line. Thank you."
I wonder if this has to do with the news that Excelsior is creating social science capstone test-outs. they don't want to take those, so they're changing the capstone policy for all majors?

at least they still have the TECEP option. I wish they had a TECEP liberal arts capstone.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hey,

I just noticed they took your course for Financial Management. Is this a better option to take, or is the DSST Principles of Finance better? I know it is cheaper to take the DSST, but a test location is an hour and a half drive each way. I might go for the DSST though.

Anyone know if there is a Penn Foster or alternative course for DSST MIS test that can be taken instead, if I do decide not to do the DSST, I will have another option.

Thanks,
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Hey,

I just noticed they took your course for Financial Management. Is this a better option to take, or is the DSST Principles of Finance better? I know it is cheaper to take the DSST, but a test location is an hour and a half drive each way. I might go for the DSST though.

Anyone know if there is a Penn Foster or alternative course for DSST MIS test that can be taken instead, if I do decide not to do the DSST, I will have another option.

Thanks,

Hi - I don't know for sure as I still need to take it. After researching it seems the PF Financial Management is very fast and easy. DSST testing facilities are far away from me as well.
If anyone has experience with the Strategic Management TECEP or Online Course, could I have your feedback pretty pretty please. I haven't seen anything on the forum in my searching.

Also any 2016 or EOY 15 feedback on PF or CSU Marketing Research or PF Business Law would be awesome.

Thanks!
Wait, does this apply ONLY to new students? I'm currently enrolled in PF Strategic Management, and was told last month that it would transfer?!?!
NOOOOO....I am almost finished with PF's Financial Management, and was going to enroll in Strategic Management next week!!!

Well, I guess the TECEP it is...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I got this email on Feb. 23, 2016...no way they can change it now can they??!!

We have solved your issue
Drew,

The Penn Foster courses will transfer over and apply as follows:

Financial Management= FIN-301 Principles of Finance

International Business= MAN-371 Introduction to International Business

Strategic Business Management= BUS-421 Strategic Management

Consumer Behavior= MAR-351 Consumer Behavior
Should you have additional questions, please create a new ticket by sending an email to academicadvising@tesc.edu with your degree program in the subject line. Thank you.
Patricia Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor
jsd Wrote:I wish they had a TECEP liberal arts capstone.

Ditto, and really I think its about being fair. I actually asked about taking the Strategic Management TECEP just to get out of doing all the writing required for the Liberal Studies capstone, but TESU wouldn't let me do it.

dfrecore Wrote:NOOOOO....I am almost finished with PF's Financial Management, and was going to enroll in Strategic Management next week!!!

Well, I guess the TECEP it is...

I'd finish what you are doing and ask again. If you already had confirmation on this in writing or even by phone, they need to stick to their word.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:I got this email on Feb. 23, 2016...no way they can change it now can they??!!

We have solved your issue
Drew,

The Penn Foster courses will transfer over and apply as follows:

Financial Management= FIN-301 Principles of Finance

International Business= MAN-371 Introduction to International Business

Strategic Business Management= BUS-421 Strategic Management

Consumer Behavior= MAR-351 Consumer Behavior
Should you have additional questions, please create a new ticket by sending an email to academicadvising@tesc.edu with your degree program in the subject line. Thank you.
Patricia Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor

That's the same advisor! Please let us know what you find out. Maybe I should say that I am already enrolled in the course...you were advised differently less than a month ago!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,204 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic