Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU No longer accepting external Strategic Management capstone courses...
jsd Wrote:I wonder if this has to do with the news that Excelsior is creating social science capstone test-outs. they don't want to take those, so they're changing the capstone policy for all majors?

at least they still have the TECEP option. I wish they had a TECEP liberal arts capstone.

Excelsior is creating liberal arts capstones that wouldn't apply to the business degrees. TESU already doesn't allow students to transfer in the liberal arts capstone.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I was speculating that they don't want the excelsior liberal arts capstone to be transferable for liberal arts degrees, so they're no longer letting business capstones transfer in for business degrees, so at least they have a consistent policy.

whatever the reason, it's a bummer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:I got this email on Feb. 23, 2016...no way they can change it now can they??!!

We have solved your issue
Drew,

The Penn Foster courses will transfer over and apply as follows:

Financial Management= FIN-301 Principles of Finance

International Business= MAN-371 Introduction to International Business

Strategic Business Management= BUS-421 Strategic Management

Consumer Behavior= MAR-351 Consumer Behavior
Should you have additional questions, please create a new ticket by sending an email to academicadvising@tesc.edu with your degree program in the subject line. Thank you.
Patricia Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor

Sanantone, what are your thoughts on this? Could they go against their previous direction??
OMG this is a serious bummer. How can they not give credit for this when it is ace approved?
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
jsd Wrote:I was speculating that they don't want the excelsior liberal arts capstone to be transferable for liberal arts degrees, so they're no longer letting business capstones transfer in for business degrees, so at least they have a consistent policy.

I don't think this is the reason because Excelsior already has liberal arts capstones, and you could never transfer them to TESC for as long as they had a liberal arts capstone.

DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Sanantone, what are your thoughts on this? Could they go against their previous direction??

The business school seems to be changing policies whenever it wants without any warning. If someone really wanted to fight with them as an enrolled student, they could argue that policies shouldn't be changed mid-year and that everything should be documented in the catalog. I sent TESU an email since I'm enrolled in the BSBA program.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:I don't think this is the reason because Excelsior already has liberal arts capstones, and you could never transfer them to TESC for as long as they had a liberal arts capstone.

The business school seems to be changing policies whenever it wants without any warning. If someone really wanted to fight with them as an enrolled student, they could argue that policies shouldn't be changed mid-year and that everything should be documented in the catalog.

Thx. Sorry for the PM on this. I guess we will wait and see what they tell me next week.
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Thx. Sorry for the PM on this. I guess we will wait and see what they tell me next week.

Since you got it pre-approved, hopefully, you will be fine. If not, you should raise hell.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
jsd Wrote:I was speculating that they don't want the excelsior liberal arts capstone to be transferable for liberal arts degrees, so they're no longer letting business capstones transfer in for business degrees, so at least they have a consistent policy.

I believe it is more likely the switch from College to University status and TESU seeking ACBSP accreditation, that are affecting the requirements for the Business school degrees.
johnjaxs Wrote:I believe it is more likely the switch from College to University status and TESU seeking ACBSP accreditation, that are affecting the requirements for the Business school degrees.

Makes a lot of sense
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I wonder if this has to do with the news that Excelsior is creating social science capstone test-outs....

link to this news please

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,339 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic