Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I receive credit for Kaplan PLA course?
Hi,

I completed the Kaplan PLA course. Instructions say i need to go to ACE website and have my course reviewed to see if I passed my quizzes. When creating my ACE profile it ask for either my social or student ID. Do i use my social or do I have a Kaplan ID? When I signed up for the Kaplan PLA course I did not see a student ID anywhere.

Thanks!
When I signed up for ACE I used my social
andreavw Wrote:When I signed up for ACE I used my social

It's a simple process of making sure that your ACE Credit Registry and the institution has a match in name, birthday, address, email contact and etc. The SIN or Student ID field is not required as a student id from one school is different than the other.

When you request a course for approval within ACE, you select the institution and corresponding course then add it to your transcript. It will be in pending state, until the institution approves the course. You will receive an email each time a course has been approved and it will be moved from pending to approved.

In short, don't enter anything into the SIN or Student ID field. It's extra info that's not required.
You can do this for any ACE Recommended course or provider. Hope that helps.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:It's a simple process of making sure that your ACE Credit Registry and the institution has a match in name, birthday, address, email contact and etc. The SIN or Student ID field is not required as a student id from one school is different than the other.

When you request a course for approval within ACE, you select the institution and corresponding course then add it to your transcript. It will be in pending state, until the institution approves the course. You will receive an email each time a course has been approved and it will be moved from pending to approved.

In short, don't enter anything into the SIN or Student ID field. It's extra info that's not required.
You can do this for any ACE Recommended course or provider. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the information! Does ACE charge a fee to give this Kaplan course credit?
There's no fee to add items to your ACE transcript. But the first time you need to send your transcript to a school, regardless of how many items are on it, there is a $20 fee. Every transcript sent after that is $15. If you want to save money, wait until you have everything you need on your ACE transcript and then send it only once.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,874 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,497 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,088 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 27,000 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,686 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,015 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,107 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,606 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,622 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom
  Transfer Credit Evaluation BSBRose21 1 1,176 05-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Johmford